who makes a 6.8 mag that is worth a [beeep], ASC=junk!

I just got a couple 5.56 asc mags and one won’t engage the bolt stop. Maybe their quality has gone down. My 6.8 ones work awesome. The pri one has feeding issues and it sucks to load rounds in the mag without the round under it walking out.

ROriginally Posted By: HumpnessI just got a couple 5.56 asc mags and one won’t engage the bolt stop. Maybe their quality has gone down. My 6.8 ones work awesome. The pri one has feeding issues and it sucks to load rounds in the mag without the round under it walking out. it's funny you mention walking out. From a looks and feel stand point the pri mags are night and day nicer. But I did notice the second round walk out like you saying I see it also with the asc mags. It’s it’s depending on the follower and the top case to hold it. I am waiting to say anything to see how they operate in the gun. Also the pri mags allow for longer loads than my asc mags.

The asc mags look like they are built to be disposable ak mags by the Russians during a war time emergency.

Last edited:

Find a gunsmith that will weld or silver solder rails in your magazine.
The rail will run on the shoulder of the case, holding back the tip from end of the magazine.

Been using a pri mag and it’s been 100%. Way way better quality than ASC plss it does actually handle the longer loading lengths. But I do have to load these mags more carefully than I load 223. I load them so the gravity aids with keeping the rims toward the back of the mags. So I hold the mag differently when loading it. Must be a nature of the 6.8 case designed originally for and somewhat adapted to a 223 mag

Back