Shotgun double this morning!

ClintKY

Went in before daylight this morning to set up on some coyotes I had located last Sunday. Walked in and ran a howl and sure enough they were in the same area as last week. I walked further in with intentions of setting up close to their location. After I started in it was clear that it was farther to the creek bottom than I had remembered. I went on in and set up in the first half way clear spot I could find. I had the creek flowing down out of the area the coyotes were in and virtually no wind. I sat my call in the bottom and walked less than 20 yards up a hill and sat down against a tree. I set up and started with some howls and be dog gone if they're wasn't another pack of coyotes to my back just up and over the hill. I quickly turned around and no more than got sat down when 2 coyotes come charging over the hill. I killed the lead one at less than 20 yards and the other one cut and run away from me. Foxbang switched over to pup distress with my shot. I put another shell in my 870 and looked back up the hill and another coyote was running right at my direction. He got to within about 10 yards from me and I smoked him. Very exciting hunt! Had both of em killed before 7:15am. Good start to 2018-19 season.

Back