6x6.8 dies?

Looking for die for my new 6x6.8. I had heard awhile back that Hornady made a run, along with CH4D maybe having some in stock. If those are out of the question, what dies from RCBS do I need along with bushing sizes? I’ll be trying out SSA and Starline brass.

Originally Posted By: jasonprox700Looking for die for my new 6x6.8. I had heard awhile back that Hornady made a run, along with CH4D maybe having some in stock. If those are out of the question, what dies from RCBS do I need along with bushing sizes? I’ll be trying out SSA and Starline brass.

Last I heard CH4D finally got the standard dies done. You will have to call as they are not listed. Called the 6mm Remington SPC.

Don't buy the setzer. You can use the 6mm Hornady.

Bushing dies from Redding Type S Full length. Bushings are 265-269. Brass varies. But a COMPLETE 6PPC decapping assembly.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jasonprox700Let's say CH4D has the die set in stock, would I be better off going with the CH4D or go with the Redding?

The first one was don't buy the seater, not SETZER, from CH4D. I put a micrometer to[p on my Hornady 6MM and it is much more user friendly plus the floating chamber is superior to the CH4D IMO.

Go Ch4D if you want simple but simple takes away. your ability to adjust neck tension on different brass.

Go Redding if you want some options at the bench plus you can use that die to lad everything from 6.8 down to 22X6.8 and everything in between if you get bit by the bug hard.

I have Hornady, not available, CH4D and Reddings. I like the H or the CH4D for quick case forming vs. two strokes with the bushing die from 6.8 down to 6. I like the Redding for that flexibility as noted but realistically many guys aren't that picky and are GTG with the standard die style.

Pick your poison and have fun. As I mentioned get the 6 PPC decapper assembly for the Redding if you go that route as the 6.8 won't fit through the 6 MM hole.

Greg

Thanks for the help. I did go ahead with the CH4D dies prior to reading this. I was surprised they had them. I just wanted simple for now to get up and shooting so I can get some loads worked up for my daughter's youth deer hunt coming up.

I will probably end up purchasing a bushing die set from Redding in the future once I start getting this thing dialed in. I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem selling the CH4D dies if I go with the Redding.

Now time to purchase some brass. Going to order some Starline and maybe some S&B.

The dies from CH4D only took almost two years for this run. By then we had done two special orders on the Hornadys here thanks to Midwest Predator and his efforts.

On a side note Redding made a small run o standard one step type dies also in the past few months. I obtained one of the 22X6.8 versions from them on a whim. It worked well on once fired brass but was iffy on NEW Federal that is VERY soft. It would do well on any pre-formed stuff that was already 6 MM though. It would make making22X6.8 very fast in conjunction with the 6X6.8. Lots less bushing work..lol

Greg

Back