Pivot shooting bench plans

Paccar

Looking to build a custom bench nothing on the market quite what I'm looking for would like to use a mix of aluminum and maybe some carbon fiber parts would like a set of plans that matches the Cadwell or coyote Jack's & put my own spin on it. Big Thanks for anyone that can point me in the right direction.

I was just in the market for a shooting bench, at least a fair bit portable. I scoured the net and the usual sources. I was looking closely at a small folding, plastic table from ‘Lifetime’, seem to be well made & get good reviews. A few models have adjustable heights.

I also looked for something I can use when not shooting, in the garage, or maybe as a cleaning platform near the gunsafe.

After looking at the folding table, I had to pass, a bit to wobbly. I ended up getting a Husky portable job site 1.8 x 3’ workbench, right at $80 from Home Depot. So far it checks out fine, portable, easy to carry & setup.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-8-ft-x-3-ft-Portable-Jobsite-Workbench-225047/205887786

Do I think this Husky bench is better than the heavy duty, dedicated, shooting bench? Of course not. Just saying, if one wants something that has other uses, it may be worth consideration. If one keeps an eye out, should be able to catch it for $20 cheaper.

OBTW, I did see a guy on U-tube with plans on a simple bench. I have a pivoting gun rest, so it gives a little swing even on a fixed table.

The small Lifetime table works alright with sand filled Uncle Bud's field model bag and generic rear bag. These rest on a thin sheet of plywood i can slide around without changing how the rifle is settled in the bags. The rig would do better if the legs were staked with lines.

Old post but I can give you some ideas if you haven't already built your table. 30 years ago Dad & I built three - 3 legged stands with the lone leg at the back being adjustable for height (extra one for a friend of Pa's).

You just grab the front corners, lift and swivel right or left when needed. The legs are removable and stored under the table for transporting. Light weight and the legs & adjustment height metal bracket is held on via wing-nuts for easy & fast set-up and take-down. Top is 1/4" plywood.

I've got a few pictures of us in a prairie dog town using those "benches" - just pm with your e-mail and I'll send them to ya.

Last edited:
Back