T shot patterns to 100 yds

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEAD T shot, as listed on the very first post...

Thank you Mike! I changed out the beads and moved the center bead .006 to the right, so for shooting, it centers the target instead of to the side. After changing out the bead sizes, I aim just over the top of the target, where there is a "crack of daylight" between the front bead and the target. So, on those 10" plates, I was aiming about 3" above the top of the plate, or 8" above the center of the plate. I have also learned how much rib to show before pulling the trigger. If you level out the rib (if that makes sense) it will shoot about a foot and a half low...

I really should work up a load like that,so when a buddy missed a prairie dog at 100 yards, I could pull out a shotgun and dust it. That would quiet a few mouths.

OK, so you can shoot a coyote STANDING at 100 yards. What if he is only 75 yards, does that 25 yards not make a difference on where your pattern hits? If so, it would seem getting your range right on every shot would be critical? NO?
And what about moving targets at 75 - 100 yards? I can't imagine the lead a guy would have to have to hit a runner at those ranges, and isn't that where a shotgun really should shine, is close in runners? I mean a standing shot at 100 yards, why not a rifle?

Also, would you happen to have any paper plates that you shot at 40 - 50 yards to show. Just how tight is the pattern at those ranges?

I'm sorry, I just don't see the practicality of it.

I know exactly where the pattern hits at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 yards!

I have paper plates that I shot at all distances!

I never go hunting without a range finder!

With the exception being rabbits, I never shoot at a running animal!

If I am hunting heavy brush, briar and thickets, I carry a different shotgun!

The practicality of it is that I do it because I can!

Originally Posted By: 1ASSASSINI know exactly where the pattern hits at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 yards!

I have paper plates that I shot at all distances!

I never go hunting without a range finder!

With the exception being rabbits, I never shoot at a running animal!

If I am hunting heavy brush, briar and thickets, I carry a different shotgun!

The practicality of it is that I do it because I can!

What do you normally use for targeting purposes, 8x10 sheets of computer paper or paper plates? Just curious.

OK, I figured you had paper plates shot at all ranges, BUT once again, care to show those closer range plates? Just how tight is the pattern?

Originally Posted By: GC1A, I hope this is all legit, I'd like to believe it. However, those are just more pictures on the Internet. There aren't any pictures of your witnesses, nobody shooting, nothing but supposed target results. We have no way to believe or not believe because it's all undocumented to those of us that are skeptical. And yes, I am skeptical. I'm skeptical because you refuse to take STS up on having an unbiased witness to report the result. The simple question is this, why will you not shoot in front of STS's unbiased witness? That person being present there and able to verify that "heck yes it was actually done" would remove all doubts. That would have been easy and safe considering who all was supposedly there with you. So really, why not clear it all up once and for all and be done with it? Id like to offer a sincere apology and move on... if possible. Why no unbiased witness? Evidently you were willing to take something from DAA, why not give STS a chance?

Can't get a simple reply to the question? Just trying to understand the why not of it.

Lots of photos, but no photos with the Witnesses and their targets?? You’ve been in court thousands of times, is the integrity of this evidence obviously inherent?

I really want this to be true. I don’t put much energy into it these days, but have done so in the past, and my results were not so dissimilar than any other shooter’s experience of the status quo. But if there’s a legitimate, repeatable combination which yields Coyote death at 100yrds with a scattergun, I’d certainly take interest.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: GC1A, I hope this is all legit, I'd like to believe it. However, those are just more pictures on the Internet. There aren't any pictures of your witnesses, nobody shooting, nothing but supposed target results. We have no way to believe or not believe because it's all undocumented to those of us that are skeptical. And yes, I am skeptical. I'm skeptical because you refuse to take STS up on having an unbiased witness to report the result. The simple question is this, why will you not shoot in front of STS's unbiased witness? That person being present there and able to verify that "heck yes it was actually done" would remove all doubts. That would have been easy and safe considering who all was supposedly there with you. So really, why not clear it all up once and for all and be done with it? Id like to offer a sincere apology and move on... if possible. Why no unbiased witness? Evidently you were willing to take something from DAA, why not give STS a chance?

Can't get a simple reply to the question? Just trying to understand the why not of it.

GC,
If you you can’t trust da pastor and da Po-Po, who da heck can you trust?
lol.gif

What would be the point about lying about shooting paper plates with a shotgun, is there some great reward for being the best shotgun pattern shooter?

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootWhat would be the point about lying about shooting paper plates with a shotgun, is there some great reward for being the best shotgun pattern shooter?

That's exactly what a lot of people are wondering about.

Originally Posted By: 1ASSASSINLARUEminati,

I have spent several thousand $$$ and 3 years in barrels, chokes, barrel modifications, loading components and load development, to be able to find a load that would shoot this well. Thousands of rounds later, I finally have what I am satisfied with...

I have tons of videos on my computer, but with all the "idiot's" running loose out there, there is no way that I would ever put this or any of my other videos on the internet!

I goose hunted and fly fished with General Schwarzkopf for years, and use to post our videos on my forum and a couple of others, but when people kept being disrespectful and hateful to one of the best men I ever knew, I removed all video's and said I would never post another one on line!

I just noticed this. We maybe have breathed some of the same air. Were you at the General's funeral in Kansas City?

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootWhat would be the point about lying about shooting paper plates with a shotgun, is there some great reward for being the best shotgun pattern shooter?

This is the guy who is a 30 year retired LEO, but was also in Desert Storm, carrying a non-NATO wildcat cartridge shooting non-Hague projectiles in an area that “...can not be discussed..” He seems incapable of telling the truth.

[/quote] I just noticed this. We maybe have breathed some of the same air. Were you at the General's funeral in Kansas City? [/quote]

The General's funeral was not in Kansas City, it was in West Point New York!

Yes, I was there and in full military attire!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: winny fan I just noticed this. We maybe have breathed some of the same air. Were you at the General's funeral in Kansas City?

Originally Posted By: 1ASSASSIN The General's funeral was not in Kansas City, it was in West Point New York!

Yes, I was there and in full military attire!

LOL.. Ok. I was just checking your geography.

At least you will answer some questions.....
smile.gif
Thanks for the lagniappe on your "full military attire". Is that like what most military veterans and current service members refer to as full dress military?

For those who might be wondering, the General was laid to rest in the West Point Cemetery following his funeral service in the Academy Chapel.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootWhat would be the point about lying about shooting paper plates with a shotgun, is there some great reward for being the best shotgun pattern shooter?

This is the guy who is a 30 year retired LEO, but was also in Desert Storm, carrying a non-NATO wildcat cartridge shooting non-Hague projectiles in an area that “...can not be discussed..” He seems incapable of telling the truth.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

It's actually called a "full military dress uniform"!

I was just wondering which donkey was going to kick first!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 1ASSASSINIt's actually called a "full military dress uniform"!

I was just wondering which donkey was going to kick first!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yeah, right.......
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back