Volunteer With Desert Drinkers 4 Wildlife

TripleDeuce660

If you are interested in volunteering to help upland game in the Eastern Mojave Desert and Owens Valley, please like our Desert Drinkers 4 Wildlife Facebook page.

DesertDrinkers4wildlife

Volunteering to work on guzzlers and big game drinkers at one of our Water for Wildlife projects is a great way to help wildlife, make new friends, scout new areas, and learn where water sources are. Our projects run from February through June, and details will be posted on our FB page when the time nears. We also host a youth quail hunt in the Mojave National Preserve. This event allows kids a chance to hunt wild birds before the season opens.

Who we are:

We are Society for the Protection and Care of Wildlife, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. However, we are better known as Desert Drinkers 4 Wildlife.

We are old time conservationists. We do real, on the ground projects to benefit wildlife. We build and repair wildlife drinkers. We clean out springs and tinajas. We acquire habitat which has water. We count wildlife.

(Please note that due to a cease and desist letter for using the name "Water For Wildlife" we were forced to change the name TWICE and we must rename our website. We had been using the name for 10 years without a problem. We are now Desert Drinkers 4 Wildlife.)

Last edited:
They do not work in NV. Now that I live in NV I no longer go to the projects, cuz I hate commiefornistan. I just administer the page for them and keep it up to date.

I am also trying to figure out how to volunteer on guzzler projects in southern nevada, but I can't seem to find any info. I see nevada chukar foundation written on many guzzlers in the area, but they seem to be in winnemuca and their projects are up north. There does not seem to be a quail unlimited chapter etc in this area.

Originally Posted By: crapshootAny southern/central nevada projects coming up?

If you want to volunteer on projects in Nevada you can check out Wildlife & Habitat Improvement of Nevada.

WHIN

I actually plan to continue volunteering for administrative tasks etc with Desert Drinkers for Wildlife, but plan to start working in the field with WHIN because their projects are in areas I hunt, closer to home, and most important in a free state.

Back