who makes a 6.8 mag that is worth a [beeep], ASC=junk!

steve garrett

I ordered 2 ASC 6.8 stainless mags. the start of the front wall of the mag is different heights between the mags and one of them if you only put 2 shells in the lower shell is loose and rattles around under the top one, [beeep]?

tired or dinking around here who makes a real magazine for 6.8? magpul looks like they have one for LWRC is this proprietary? is c products a rebadged ASC mag?

I have 2 stagarms mags that came with my rifle that feed good but they are supposed to be 10 round mags but can only get 9 in one and 6! in the other but they feed good. been meaning to get with stag and see whats up

C Products are not rebadged ASC. The companies were related years ago but they went their separate ways.

I use ASC with great success. PRI used to be a perfect one but that is no longer true.

Other mags are limited to. 2.30/PRI and the rest are 2.260. The ASC are now up to 2.314-6. The old ones were a tad over 2.3.

I never noticed mine rattling.

Greg

I have several C-Products mags, 10 rounders. Never a problem. I have one PRI also never a problem. For my money the C-Products mags are far better. My only experience is with 10 round mags as all my 6.8's are hunting guns and honestly I seldom load over 5 rounds. I can load to 2.30 in all of my mags with the PRI being just a blonde baby hair width shorter than the C-Products mags.

Last edited:

I got mine when they were the old Bushmaster outfit. I have 2 SIG magazines that are nice.
I would try Windham Weaponry.

You also can use 6.5 ASC magazines. I have a ton of those that I use interchangeably. Never had a magazine related issue yet with them.

Greg

Originally Posted By: steve garrettwhat is the deal with the LWRC 6.8 mags? they look like magpul? I am going to order a PRI mag

I've been hunting hogs for years with the 6.8 and I have never had any issues with PRI mags running factory ammo. I have used them with a rapid fire binary trigger setup also with no issues.

They work for me so I don't really care if they cost a little more. I have not worn one out yet either so I don't expect to have to replace them anytime soon.

Last edited:
Count me in the PRI camp. I have five 10 rounder, and two 25 round, PRI magazines, and have had no issues with them. ASC on the other hand, are junk, IMHO. I ordered the stainless 10 round mags in 6.8, and 223(for a 204 Ruger barreled AR-15), and both flavors bowed the sides, and caused failures to feed. I even tried giving them to my son, for a new 6.8 I built for him, with the caution to only use for range time, and after a couple of range trips gave them back, and ordered the pricey PRIs. For the 204 Ruger I ordered PRIs 5.56 versions, and they are reliable, and handle my 2.285" COL Ruger loads, nicely.

I am interested in Greg's comment about PRI changing the 6.8 mags. I know the last one I ordered was matte black rather than glossy blued, but I thought that might be for the mall ninjas/seal wannabee types. I saw no difference in construction or reliability.

Squeeze

Some of the fellows on 68 Forums have had issues with the PRI. Ritch has had some with his. At the price and with my ASC success I won't be laying in the PRI anytime soon.

Everyone has a mental standard they apply to their gear. I have mine and it might well never be in lock step with others. You run what you bring and I bring those.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterSome of the fellows on 68 Forums have had issues with the PRI. Ritch has had some with his.
Greg

My guess is that the guys with the most problems are the ones that reload as apposed to guys like me that run factory ammo..... Guys trying to stretch the COAL.

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: GLShooterSome of the fellows on 68 Forums have had issues with the PRI. Ritch has had some with his.
Greg

My guess is that the guys with the most problems are the ones that reload as apposed to guys like me that run factory ammo..... Guys trying to stretch the COAL.

That could well be a factor. Over there it's anyone's guess as to what they are doing. I shoot about 40 rounds of factory a year total. In five years I've shot 30 rounds of 6.8. Ten were for baseline speeds and the rest just getting new scopes centered up.

I load mine way out but then I have been playing the game for four decades. Tine in and of itself means nothing but learning and trying new things as you go sure builds up a knowledge base.

Greg

Back