Scope flip up covers

Hence the reason i went with a scope coat..

I went through 3 pairs of BCs in one season of walking around for coyotes.

I bought a scope coat, and still have it years later. It's fast, it pads the scope and keeps the dust out. You can use it in a pinch to wipe off the lens.

I bought one for each of my scopes and a spare and still haven't needed the spare. I put it on the pack when i am calling and when it's over, it goes back on. Simple, easy, long lasting for about the same as a set of BCs caps.

A coat is just not conductive to fast shooting. It works fine for riding in the truck but I just couldn't have one on when carrying (when it's likely to get scratched).

The flip caps can be pushed of on the wat to the shoulder, they are jsut fast, easy & convinent.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeSomehow I find it much easier to pay $100 for a aluminum threaded lense cover than an injected slip on... The addys do come with great warrenty though...???

$100 may sound like a lot.. but a scratch lens will cost you MUCH more than that.

The Aadland scope caps are crazy hard. Almost feels like the stuff you'd find those self defense spear pens made out of, except with a slightly rough textured surface and yes, the warranty is phenomenal.
I wouldn't exactly call them "slip on" either. You're going to have to put some elbow grease into getting them on. He requests measurements down to the .001" for the objective and eye piece to ensure they are tight. In fact, he even shows the best way to get them off is to open the cap, and PULL TUG ON IT.
If you don't like them, send them back for a full refund. What do you have to lose?

Photoon4-25-14at122AM_zps1a14e9ef.jpg

Bought the Aluminas, they should be here in a few days, will let y'all know what I think. Have a few sets of the BCs so will report accordingly. Looking fwd. to them!

Coleridge that's not a problem.I already tried it useing zip ties to secure the neoprene cover that came with one of my Leupold's to the scope tube.Just fold back the ends and tuck under.Work's like a charm.

After installing the Aluminas a few days ago I can tell y'all I'll NEVER use Butler Creek again (assuming the Aluminas work in the field). They're great quality, easy to flip open/closed, & seem super stout. They ain't cheap ($90) but sooo worth the $ over the BCs!

I've had the leupold covers for several months now and really like them. They don't snap closed as securely as I would like to see but they are very nice looking. Just ordered and received some aadland caps and am very impressed. They have a very positive snap open and close action. They are kind of ugly though. I will defiantly be buying more aadland scope caps

I'd think the caps finish would suit hunting applications just fine. Looks be be a matte finish of some sort?

The AADland caps are expensive but they are hands down the best caps you can buy and they are guarantee'd for life. I probably wouldn't put them on a cheapo scope but I'll pay the money for my more expensive optics. Butler Creek caps are a joke. Don't waste your money.

Back