FLIR LS-XR is here ...............

Originally Posted By: SkyPup
BTW, there is some great news coming down the pike for all FLIR RS Thermoscope and LS-XR owners soon too......

Any hints as to what this might be? This might be helpful to anyone on the fence and getting ready to make a purchase.

Regards,

G.

I am guessing it is new firmware. I just hope that if I am correct it addresses the reticule and enhances the resolution. I would really like to see something to that degree...

I hope today was wednesday
smile.gif

Kyle, if you get an IR Hunter let me know, I would make the drive out to your side of the state to give one a look. I've logged a lot of hours behind an Insight L-3 MTM, and it has an incredibly crisp, detailed image that sounds comparable to what you're describing. I guess we will wait for LS64 vs. LS-XR side by side images to see if the new unit keeps up with the competition.

These threads are old. There is no public FLIR firmware update software available without contacting them. I have them researching it. They said ITAR made them remove it from the website. My current flir ls xr looks just like ls64 did. I think it has older firmware or something. No graded fire either.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Of course yours do. Don't you work for FLIR?
smile.gif

Yeah, the Board of Directors reports directly to me.
lol.gif

Of course he probably does

Well which firmware do you have? I have 4.04.64 and FLIR said that is the latest. I asked them about this and they supposedly contacted engineer. I don't know why they have great customer service as I haven't had much luck with them...

The version on all of mine is LSXR 03.43.64dfu.

I have no idea where you can get the End User Tool or the updates since FLIR was forced to remove all that due to ITAR regulations.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Of course yours do. Don't you work for FLIR?
smile.gif

cmateral,I believe you have me confused with someone else that you don't know either?

Back