home made e-caller...HISSING...need filter ideas

sliverchucker

so i made a radio shack parted ecaller and have this constant hissing when the volume goes up. ive recorded some moose sounds and want to go loud. Is there a way to filter this hissing out? seems to be coming from the amp. thanks in advance

Last edited:
Could be a few things, could be the actual sound file, might need to reduce the noise in a program similar to Audacity. The other thing is it could be the amplifier. They sell some decent ones on ebay, I've used ones like the "AC/DC 12V TDA7297 2x15W Digital Audio Amplifier" with a basic 12v lithium rechargeable battery pack. Depending on the speaker that could be the issue depending on the quality of it. The best budget speaker I've found is the Speco SPC15RP.

Back in the day a lot of us messed with homemade callers and your experience with the radioshack amp was common, not very successful although it would call critters. At one time there were battery powered speakers for computers and sound systems that had built in amps and very good sound. I set one up for calling with a Walkman cassette player and later with a CD player. I still use it in the truck to listen to books on CD's. I do take it out with some old JS CD's just for kicks.

There are a lot of speakers with amps in them that are for small personal digital music systems that work quite well for calling and are fairly inexpensive, I would guess cheaper than an amp and speaker.

Here's my old system, twenty years+ and still calls critters.

I still have CD's that I recorded with 30 second blanks space in the beginning so I could use it as a remote caller.

Last edited:
Back