Anybody shooting the new 60 gr. Sierra TMK yet?

sscoyote

...got a BC of .323, and is just a bit longer than the 53 V-Max. Could be OK for magazine length. Gonna try some myself PDQ, although the 69 TMK is gonna be hard to beat at least out of my 9-T AR barrel so far for both short and long range. Recommended for 10-T and faster.

I always thought Sierra had the best bullet viewing website ever. They just changed it.... Its terrible.

I am not sure what the point of a 60gr TMK is? Why would somebody buy those over the 69gr version? Especially for shooting at distance and/or in the wind.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchI always thought Sierra had the best bullet viewing website ever. They just changed it.... Its terrible.

I am not sure what the point of a 60gr TMK is? Why would somebody buy those over the 69gr version? Especially for shooting at distance and/or in the wind.

I have a 12 twist CZ527 223AI that will not shoot the 69s...bit I have a sneaking suspicion it will shoot the 60s.

I have also been toying with the idea of another 22 Creedmoor, this time with a 16" barrel....the 60s might be funn in something like that for a 500yd gun.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchI always thought Sierra had the best bullet viewing website ever. They just changed it.... Its terrible.

That new Sierra site is bad. Why do they have to mess with something that was so simple!

Originally Posted By: arlaunch...I am not sure what the point of a 60gr TMK is? ..
Twist in my 22-250 T/C Venture won't stabilize the 69 TMK - so a good BC at 60 gn is very useful.

No, just learned about them from this thread.
Have a bunch of 60 gn SP over SuperFormance loaded up that are plenty accurate & my goto for yotes.
BC of 0.264 and ~3600 fps.

any chance that one of you guys who has some of these laying around could take a couple measurements for me? I'd like to know the Overall length of the bullet and length of just the tip. I am guessing the tip will be .147 as it is on the other .224 TMK bullets, but I'd like to be sure. Need to figure out if these will stabilize in my 14 twist 20" savage 22-250 barrel.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyany chance that one of you guys who has some of these laying around could take a couple measurements for me? I'd like to know the Overall length of the bullet and length of just the tip. I am guessing the tip will be .147 as it is on the other .224 TMK bullets, but I'd like to be sure. Need to figure out if these will stabilize in my 14 twist 20" savage 22-250 barrel.

I'd also like to know length specs. From the midway USA reviews, sierra recommends a 10 twist so if true, the 14t doesn't stand much of a chance.

yea I don't figure it will stabilize in my 22-250 unless I do a barrel swap. I do have a weatherby h-bar in .223 with a 10 twist that I'm gonna try these in. Just ordered a box of of them from Midway. It would be awesome if i could get them to shoot in the H-Bar and my AR with the same load!

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyyea I don't figure it will stabilize in my 22-250 unless I do a barrel swap. I do have a weatherby h-bar in .223 with a 10 twist that I'm gonna try these in. Just ordered a box of of them from Midway. It would be awesome if i could get them to shoot in the H-Bar and my AR with the same load!

Keep us posted on how they shoot, and most importantly how they are on fur. I have an 8 twist 223 AR-15 I may have to try them in if they are fur friendly.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: arlaunchI always thought Sierra had the best bullet viewing website ever. They just changed it.... Its terrible.

I have a 12 twist CZ527 223AI that will not shoot the 69s...bit I have a sneaking suspicion it will shoot the 60s.

I have also been toying with the idea of another 22 Creedmoor, this time with a 16" barrel....the 60s might be funn in something like that for a 500yd gun.

Interesting you find that. I have a CZ527 in regular .223 Rem. (1:9 twist) I reckon up near 70 gr will be the limit of what it will stabilize. Having said that, GGG have started loading the 69rg Sierra BTHP which I would be keen to try as a target round.

Originally Posted By: sscoyoteYes I always thought a 60 grain .224 with a BC higher then .3 would be a good addition.

Well, Federal claim their .223 Rem 62gr Fusion bullet has a BC of 0.31 and I like how it shoots in my 1:9 CZ527 American.

(Top left smaller diamond. Those are 2cm squares so not bad for the 1st 3 shots out of the slip from very much a "sporter" barrel)

Scrummy

Last edited:
I emailed Sierra asking for the dimensions of these bullets and what their thoughts were on getting these to shoot in my 14 twist 22-250. The gentleman who emailed me back stated that it would not work in my 14 twist and that it would require a 10 twist barrel minimum. I'm assuming this is because it appears to be a very long bullet. He did not give me any measurements, so when my box shows up in the next day or two I will be sure to post some measurments and run them through the JBM website to see what they say about stabilizing these bullets.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyI emailed Sierra asking for the dimensions of these bullets and what their thoughts were on getting these to shoot in my 14 twist 22-250. The gentleman who emailed me back stated that it would not work in my 14 twist and that it would require a 10 twist barrel minimum. I'm assuming this is because it appears to be a very long bullet. He did not give me any measurements, so when my box shows up in the next day or two I will be sure to post some measurments and run them through the JBM website to see what they say about stabilizing these bullets.

Would you mind sharing the dimensions if you received them?

Back