2018 Dove opener is a month away. I can't wait!

smbob

I'm headed to Yuma September 1st for the Dove opener. Had a great time last year. As usual Yuma in September does a pretty good job of being hotter than [beeep], But with early morning and evening hunts and a motel room with ice cold A/C during the day it's doable. Anyone else headed out for the opener?

Robert

I'll miss it this year, but for a good cause. My eldest drew a Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep (ewe) tag for a hunt starting September 3. We'll be hiking up into the Wilderness on September 1, to scout and be ready for the opener. We hope to squeeze in some dove hunts later in September.

Is it so popular to the point hunters are tripping over each other in the field? I’ve been to a few spots where it’s like that, and all it takes is a few reckless hunters out there and it can get squirrelly real fast

Originally Posted By: IamjuggernautIs it so popular to the point hunters are tripping over each other in the field? I’ve been to a few spots where it’s like that, and all it takes is a few reckless hunters out there and it can get squirrelly real fast

The Yuma area is a big place. It all depends on where you go. If you go to the close by easy to get to spots, then yea, every one is going to be there and you are going to get that. I don't go where the crowds are and I have a great time. Great atmosphere. I met a lot of cool people last year.

Back