WAITING 6 MONTHS FOR STAMP AND THEY NOT EVEN SENT IN PAPERWRK!!

east tn_yote

Jus to rant a lil bit. Lol. I bought a gemtech bck in 2nd week of January and soo I call last week to get my serial number soo I can call call atf to track the status of it and they go to tell me that the paperwork was never sent it. I dont know how that happens but talkin boit total disappointment!!!!! Sooo it will be next year before I get it.

You were smart to check. A friend was checking on his, and the ATF was having a problem tracking his paperwork. The dealer had put int he wrong serial # on the paperwork so his stamp application was in the reject pile. If he hadn't called his would have gone the full year and THEN he would have gotten the rejection notice.

Yea its crazy!!! Talk bout goin to the low of lows. Lol. But they are making it right sooo I can't complain to much!! I'll be gettin 2 suppressors next year soo that's a plus but still sucks!!!

That same thing happened to me my with my 1st SBR NFA experience. Except i found out 6 months later that my paper work was MIA. Luckily they found the envelope a couple weeks later.

I bought my suppressor from a local store here around the 2nd week of January also. The stamp still has not come through. I was hoping for it last month.

I've been told that sometimes dealers have the serial # of the can but not the actual can in their possession. They "sell" the can but can't file the paperwork until they actually have the can. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me with the first two suppressors I bought as there was an unusually long delay and the dealer went non responsive on me for a while. I would advise anyone buying a can from a dealer online to get them to send you a picture of the can with the serial # visible before you complete the sale. If they actually have the can there is no reason for that kind of delay in filing the paperwork.

Originally Posted By: fitzI've been told that sometimes dealers have the serial # of the can but not the actual can in their possession. They "sell" the can but can't file the paperwork until they actually have the can. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me with the first two suppressors I bought as there was an unusually long delay and the dealer went non responsive on me for a while. I would advise anyone buying a can from a dealer online to get them to send you a picture of the can with the serial # visible before you complete the sale. If they actually have the can there is no reason for that kind of delay in filing the paperwork. this is common practice for my local dealer somehow he always seems to get the can before my paperwork Goes through.

Happened to me once. After that, I go in to the dealer and ask to see the can and get the S/N before I buy. Lot's of people selling stuff they don't have. They learned it from W/M, the largest consignment shop in the world. They don't own any merchandise. They just own the building, let vendors display their wares, and pay for whatever sells.

I go in to my dealer ever so often and look at my suppressor and just think about shooting it
grin.gif
. Hope to get the stamp around Christmas.

Last edited:
I know it's hard to do on your first suppressor.

Make sure your check has cashed because that means it's in the system and forget about it.
There is nothing you can do to speed it up.

My check on the Second one cashed July 12th. So i figure January before i see it.

Originally Posted By: TrapShooter12When i did mine last month i put the ATF payment on my credit card. That way i knew when the payment was taken out the process had started.

X2

They say "A bird in your hand" I held my can, then the Form 4.
I learned from other members what to do and what suppressor to buy.
That is why I joined this site. Dealers just want your money.
One more thing learn how to fill out the ATF forms.
Make sure you read what the dealer fills in. Because you are going to sign it.
Your dealer had to wait for his transfer to come thru. So he could do your transfer.
My new Form 1 SBR took Oct 19,2017 at ATF to Sept 14, 2018 at my mailbox.

For those of you thinking about getting a can?

Everyday you wait is another day you wait!!!!!!!!!

Buy it, get your paperwork submitted and then forget about it.......

Back