High Country Sniper info??

CB23

so i was at a garage sale the other day and picked up a high country sniper compound bow. it came with 15 arrows, 2 releases, a case and a couple practice tips. ill be the first to say i know very little about bows let alone hunting with them. got it all for $75. was i had or did i make a good purchase?

anyone know the worth of that bundle? or really any info on them would be great

When I was 12/13 years (Almost 30yrs ago) old my Dad and I bought high country sniper bows. They worked very well. It was rumored that high country/Clearwater/alpine were all one and had a falling out and split, starting their own shops. I would think that you did fine on your purchase. There are many bows out there that will shoot faster but for typical big game hunting the high country sniper is a fine bow to harvest with. They are fairly quiet and very smooth.

I dont know much of anything about the bow.But you can expect to pay more than 75 just for that many arrows.Especially so if they're carbons.You did good.

Being an older bow, there's not alot of value in it but with all the extras, you did all right. It all depends on what quality of the extras too. But two releases and 15 arrow and a case pretty much eat up the $75 dollars. If your new to bow hunting, it will get you started on the cheap and you can decide how far into bow hunting you want to go. But.......if you get hooked, your going to want to upgrade and that gets pricey if you get into the new high end stuff. Bow hunting is very addictive and once you stick your first deer, there's no hope for you.... Your hooked. Good luck and fling them arrows.

They were top notch back in the late 80s early 90s time line. A lot of big name shooters shot them in hunting 3D tournaments. It’s just bows became more high tech and speed increased greatly. But that bow will hold up and kill a lot deer and will shoot great.

Back