BHW 204 AR barrel question

It will depend on which bullet I would imagine and which bullet the barrel will shoot best will depend on twist. You can get ASC magazines which will allow you to load coal to 2.316" plus or minus .002". There might be a chance of getting close to or reaching the lands with certain bullets by being able to seat out at this cartridge length.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterI'll pull my numbers on the 204 in the AM on that barrel. Chances are it will not IIRC.

Greg

Is it AM yet and can a 204 barrel be ordered so the bullets can touch the lands while still fitting the magazine out of an AR from Ritch? Thank you. Dan

Spent the morning at medical appointments with the wife and buying new truck tires. I'd have rather been here..LOL

The answer is no on the BHW. A 39 and 32 Sierra, my GO TO bullets will hit at 2.389. Too long even with the ASC 2.316's. Ritch no longer deals with BHW. He is now using Tactical Ordnance barrels that are five polygon lands and groove. A bit of info also BHW is moving back to Moses Lake, Wa. and my estimate is no barrels will get produced and delivered any tine in the next four-five months even if he did.

That being said there is hope on horizon. He and I happened to be talking about the 204 this afternoon and he is working on a potential new reamer that will allow you to reach the lands out of the magazine. The free bore on a SAMMI barrel is horrendous and does no one any god. A little tweak to that will let you shoot out of the mag and still will allow the us of SAAMI factory ammo.

You might give him a call on that as the 20's are all heating up and the new gear to make 20 cal barrels has been delivered to the blank maker so the steel will be ready to go on order with what ever chamber you want. I have a new 24" 20 Practical on the order sheet so I can't waitto shoot one from Tactical Ordnance.

Greg

Will the 5 groove make bullets slower out the barrel than the 3 groove ?? And will get a hold of him soon and see what can be made.. Thank you.. Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158Will the 5 groove make bullets slower out the barrel than the 3 groove ?? And will get a hold of him soon and see what can be made.. Thank you.. Dan

These five are faster than our threes. We are also getting wider loading bands with less pickiness with increased accuracy. Win win all around.

Tactical Ordnance wants Ritch to handle any of their chamberings out side the basic stuff like the 223, 308, 6.5 Creeds etc. The 20's and any wildcats will be handled by him as they would rather have someone that lives and breaths it running point for them especially in regards to the wildcats as he has designed everyone they sell.

Greg

I've have experience with 4 different 204s and all of them shot better with quite a bit of jump. You don't have to reach the lands to get them to shoot.
My $.02
James

Back