I know I am not the only owner of a High Standard 22

willy1947

Here is my model 103 Sport King and it's high tech holster.

8uUX033.jpg

A6Py6ad.jpg

Last edited:
A friend lent me one a few years back to shoot in a competition, it had a full length lug or dust cover to attach weights under the barrel that would offset recoil. Needless to say it shot very well and was a beautiful pistol

I only have one HS beater pistol. Rapid Fire Olympic in 22 Short. I ave a 5" heavy barrel for it also.

TOWiuhu.jpg

It shoots OK. Still brings home some Gold..lol

Greg

Last edited:
Interesting location of the rear sight on your pistol GLS. That sure cuts down on the length of the sight radius!

I have a pitted HD Military that belonged to an old friend for many years. Makes me look like I know how to shoot a pistol - even in my offhand. Passed on several higher grade models from a buddy's pap years ago - should have my head examined for that!

Both very nice looking...i especially admired the space guns. There was once a Hamden made basic, no-frills Tournament model in the stable that would shoot with anything, but i wasn't exactly God's gift to Bulls Eye match shooting. Wish i hadn't sold it, but magazine availability was an issue in the days before the internet. The guys with red dot sights on Hammerli's could always do a bit better, but i insisted on iron sights and they did quite well with all the bells and whistles. Had a Smith Model 41 later, but the Hi Standard had that little extra something special. May yours always shoot bug holes.

This is a stock photo of a HS Sharpshooter, but I have one that looks identical to this. Its heavy enough that its very easy to shoot accurately. Great adjustable sights and a barrel that has a glass smooth bore.

UT7h8SMl.jpg

Originally Posted By: danno in vaBoth very nice looking...i especially admired the space guns. There was once a Hamden made basic, no-frills Tournament model in the stable that would shoot with anything, but i wasn't exactly God's gift to Bulls Eye match shooting. Wish i hadn't sold it, but magazine availability was an issue in the days before the internet. The guys with red dot sights on Hammerli's could always do a bit better, but i insisted on iron sights and they did quite well with all the bells and whistles. Had a Smith Model 41 later, but the Hi Standard had that little extra something special. May yours always shoot bug holes.

I take it squirrel hunting at least once a year. They just feel so nice in your hand. I had a S&W 41 once nice gun too

Originally Posted By: hm1996Only HS I ever owned (and swapped for a 2" S&W Chief's Special) was a G-380 in LNIB condition back in 1950's.
sick.gif

Regards,
hm Wow How the heck old are you? HaHa only kiddin!

Originally Posted By: 7887mm08Originally Posted By: hm1996Only HS I ever owned (and swapped for a 2" S&W Chief's Special) was a G-380 in LNIB condition back in 1950's.
sick.gif

Regards,
hm Wow How the heck old are you? HaHa only kiddin!

Old enough to realize in hindsight how badly I screwed up on that trade and I'm only 82.
lol.gif
Made sense (to me) at the time as the G-380 was too big for carry & didn't have the punch of the 38 Spl. Had it been a .22, I'd have kept it and bought a Smith.

Regards,
hm

Back