Leupold Reticle question

pyscodog

I've got an M8, straight 10 power and want to get the reticle changed. Does anyone know what Leupold charges for this? I know I can call, just thought someone might know off hand.

I want to go from a fine cross hair to the Boone&Crockett. I've been told,(for what its worth) that the B&C and varmint hunter are etched and may cost more. IDK? I did find one post on a google search that said Leupold charges $60 for a reticle change. It would be worth that to change out the reticle to me. I'll call this week to find out for sure.

Well.....called Leupold and they told me they can't do anything with the reticle. Scope is to old.Guess I'm stuck with a fine croshair.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell.....called Leupold and they told me they can't do anything with the reticle. Scope is to old.Guess I'm stuck with a fine croshair.

Sell it and buy what you want. The days of leupold swapping reticles on the cheap are over.....which is sad. I'll buy used leupolds if they are exactly what I want but will not buy any new ones anymore. Too many tracking problems.

Well.....to late to swap, sold it to a friend and bought a VX2. Wonder why they didn't mention swapping when I talked to them?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell.....to late to swap, sold it to a friend and bought a VX2. Wonder why they didn't mention swapping when I talked to them? Cause their not going to start swapping out scope unless it’s completely unrepairable. They would go broke.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteHunter270If you want you can send in your old leupold scope to the company and they will send you in a new scope for free, they have a
Lifetime guarantee.

Thats not how this works....

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: CoyoteHunter270If you want you can send in your old leupold scope to the company and they will send you in a new scope for free, they have a
Lifetime guarantee.

Thats not how this works....

You mean I can't send in my 20 year old worn out scope and get a new one free?
tongue_smilie.gif

Only if it broken. Not just because you want the reticle changed and its to old but still functions fine. Such was mine. Worked great just didn't like the reticle.

My scope worked fine. It had a very fine crosshair in it and I wanted to have it changed to something like a varmint hunter reticle. After a call to Leupold, they said they didn't work on the older M8's any longer. No problem, my gunsmith bought it from me and I bought a new VX2.

Back