Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1032798 - 08/08/08 12:25 AM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: Okanagan]
Redfrog Offline
Chairman of the Board

Loc: Palliser Triangle, Alberta
"Good luck. After all, you may be right."

Hard to believe ...eh?
thanks for the well wishes.

BTW can you answer my question please?

"It is impossible to please everyone. so do you think PM should cater to the 1% whose perception is flawed or the 99% who support us and our actions?"

Also we don't ban anyone because we do not agree with the opinion they express. We do when they insist on expressing in a way that violates our TOS.

Once again it is simple. If someone likes the bickering, spats , playground quarrels and daily drama. there are boards that wouldn't even exist if they didn't have those things. Those are the boards that need that kind of support.

It's been said the staff and mods here have an agenda. Well yes as a matter of fact we do. we would be poor administrators if we didn't. It is posted in several forums on this board and is based on Will Craig's original statement. It has worked so far , why would we change?

Edited by Redfrog (08/08/08 12:35 AM)

#1032799 - 08/08/08 01:19 AM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: Redfrog]
Okanagan Offline
Die Hard Member

Quote:

"Good luck. After all, you may be right."

Hard to believe ...eh?
thanks for the well wishes.

Yes, too hard for me to believe

Quote:

BTW can you answer my question please?

"It is impossible to please everyone. so do you think PM should cater to the 1% whose perception is flawed or the 99% who support us and our actions?"

Redfrog, I honestly thought you intended it as a rhetorical question with an obvious answer built in, rather than a query that expected answer. Nobody is going to pick catering to the flawed perceptions and you only leave one alternative, even if your estimation of support is way off.

And that makes it a set up question, like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

The reality, and crux of our disagreement, is that PM is catering to neither, but to another agenda.

This feels like I'm being baited for banning. I think I'd enjoy talking with you about the business case study PM is experimenting with, maybe over a good steak, but I doubt that either of us want it here.

#1032800 - 08/08/08 12:07 PM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: Okanagan]
JohnP Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southern AZ
Redfrog said: "Because someone percieves something a certain way does not make it so." It does in the mind of the person that receives the message, regardless of what the "sender" might really mean. I have worked for over 20 years as a Ombudsman/Troubleshooter for a very large corporation, the majority of all problems started with management, not that they did not want to do well but because of how their message was perceived by the employees.

I too, like Okanagan, would like to continue this discussion with you, but not on a message board. Maybe in Globe over a good steak and a fine bottle of wine. You of course get to pick up the tab.
"I will not hunt predators during the cycle of mating and rearing the young and I'm proud to say many callers have adopted this principle of good wildlife management." Founder of the PredatorMasters, Will Craig aka AzWill 12-29-2000

#1032801 - 08/08/08 01:27 PM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: JohnP]
Redfrog Offline
Chairman of the Board

Loc: Palliser Triangle, Alberta
Okanagan, JohnP, It's a deal. Come to Globe and I'll buy dinner and the beer.

Okanagan, I have no problem answering your question

"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

The answer is yes, afew years ago unfortunately.
I felt bad about it, but what else could I do.
You can't stop father time and I just got too old to beat her anymore.

Oh don't get me wrong, we still race, but now she beats me I used to beat her all the time, but my knees ain't what they used to be and I put on a few pounds and she is seldom mad at me these days, so my motivation is gone.

In the early days I could always run faster scared, than she could mad.

I hope this answers your question, or maybe more importantly, I hope my perception of your question is correct or I may assume you were trying to make me look like a wife batterer.

See you in Globe fellas.

#1032802 - 11/01/08 12:46 AM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: Redfrog]
SkinWalker67 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: NM, USA
I would like to extend my compliments to you and the entire PM staff for running an above board site and message forum. This epitomizes the way things should be. I have not found derogatory influences or mud slinging. The educational benefits for both hunting/management and the studies by biologists (thank you Yellowhammer) are exemplary. Please keep up the fine work and extend my highest thanks to all the moderators. -Skinwalker67

#1032803 - 12/18/08 05:31 PM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: SkinWalker67]
Jeepdude1987 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
Well, I just got here, but I came because I couldn't find any other site that had the information I wanted or enough of it. I still hit the other sites cause on occasion I find something use full, and I also occasionally help out with questions I have answered myself or have read the answers to before(and I try to let them know where I found it). But, I needed a sight that would help me instead of preaching to or harassing or yelling at me if I didn't or don't do things exactly the means by which they think is right. Now I don't condone being unsportsmanlike or anything else like that, but beyond that whatever floats your boat.

#1032804 - 12/29/08 10:37 PM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: SkinWalker67]
TerryT Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I'm a new member and this is a great forum! You have 110%of my support RedFrog, Many Thanks to you and to the Moderators and Sponsors!!!!!!! I look at several Predator Forums but I choose this one because everyone is nice and there is alot of good info.

I Hope You And Everyone Have A Great Yote Day!!!!!!

TerryT

NRA Lifetime - OPHA - OFBA Member

#1333286 - 07/24/09 09:44 AM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: SkinWalker67]
cmiddleton Offline
PM senior

Loc: Mills Wy USA
some folks do not want to go to sites where its a constant battle it is not fun to get mad or be insulted.
i stay here because of the great job our moderators do at keeping control over the attackers some folks go on line just to fight.
its not promoting our sport in a good light or hunter in general.
I'm proud to be a member here and i left all the other sites where they just throw mud at each other even if its not directed at you or your buddies it is bad for hunting in general.
i have learned to bite my tongue and not post on issues that cause fights, denning and wolves. i have been ridiculed to many times over my stance on the subjects.
the moderators have came to the rescue in my favor because i try not to be in a fight just to explain my opinions on the subjects. now it is my plan to avoid the subjects all together because they both are inflammatory subjects and not everyone thinks like me.
predator masters have gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and jenny they ARE the people who i have the utmost respect for i never expected the outpouring of support and prayers we received here. you would have never gotten that at the other sites. we have the greatest people here and it has made a real difference in jenny's life.
when they call us a big family they mean it and everyone acts as one.
i appreciate it vary much and every decision made by the moderators has my support its what keeps this place civil and the greatest site in the web

#3155423 - 07/19/18 12:28 AM Re: 2008 changes at Predator Masters [Re: Redfrog]
Marcel Behler Offline

Loc: 4155 NY-31, Clay, NY 13041, US...
Great sound,Carry on thumbup thumbup

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  DesertRam, Jeff Mock, Redfrog 

Forum Stats
56174 Members
88 Forums
336073 Topics
3161290 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
Kentucky_MADman, Leupold Lover, newhornet, Rich44, yotenaylor
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.