What QD mount for a BARSKA 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint?

Linhardt

First-time optic purchase and was wanting advice or guidance on what type, size quick disconnect mount should I use for a BARSKA 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint. It will be mounted on a AR-15 with picatinny rail.

Was looking at this but was unsure it would work. UTG Integral 1" Med-pro QD Ring Mount

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:
What part of that Chinesium mount is overbuilt, Quick Detach, or has anything whatsoever to do with SWFA?

Of course, a 13 dollar mount is about right for a Barska.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coleridgeI don't have any QD mounts, but what ever is the "quickest detachment"; THAT is what I would go for with the Barska...

lmao

Originally Posted By: liliysdadFor a Barska,a hoseclamp ought to do

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!!!
thumbup.gif
Made me spit my drink out on that one.

Last edited:
Way overkill for a Barska, but LaRue, Bobro, or American Defense are you’re best options for true return to zero quick detach mounts. They are also $150-200+!

I’ve tried the Burris PEPR qd’s. They were solid, but the return to zero was probably 2 Moa at best. They are priced around $100, but I can find used LaRue’s for $150, so I don’t even bother.

QD are pointless unless you buy one that is good enough to return to zero, at least functionally. My recommendation is to save money for a better piece of glass and a decent quality mount. Even high rings will work well enough. Most of the optics stores offer bundle packs with good scopes and mounts.

You will be disappointed in the Barska, that much I know for sure.

friends dont let friends put a barfska on their rifles.

i dont know you that well, but i'll still advise against it unless its absolutely all you can afford right now. if thats the case, save your money on the QD mount, get some basic $25 XH rings and start saving up for a diamondback or something at that price point or above.

barfska is like buying a BSA sweet 17 optic - that being you will appreciate their warranty. its only a matter of if, not when, you'll need to utilize it.

Back