I'm looking to retire and move to AZ, good town?

Coyotejunki

I will retire sometime in the next 3 or less years. Looking for a nice area to retire. Don't want to drive 30 miles to get to a supermarket or DR. But probably can't afford housing over $150K

Any suggestions, I was thing maybe Sierra Vista, don't think I can afford Mesa.

I moved to Sierra Vista as a 15 year old from Washington state in 1976. I lived in S.V. for 15 years. I currently live in Bisbee and recommend her over S.V. Sierra Vista is fine, it is just that Bisbee is better. A laid back lifestyle and affordable homes. Two traffic lights in town that we could do without (if you know what I mean). Great predator hunting everywhere nearby! Not to mention the Coues Whitetail. Come to Bisbee and I will show you around.

Harvey7

I thought Bisbee was an old hippey town?
smile.gif

I worked in sierra vista and visited Bisbee and all the othe locales around there and I wouldn't live in sierra vista.

I would avoid living anywhere south of Interstate 10 or Interstate 8. Housing under 150K is going to limit you, but there are several alternatives to Sierra Vista such as Benson, Safford, Wilcox.

Just had a thought. If Trump and Congress can get the border wall built, that will be a game changer for Sierra Vista and every place else south of the interstate.

All that country in SE Arizona is awesome. Probably the best area for predator calling anywhere in the lower 48 states due to the diversity of species there. I think you will love it anywhere there if the wall gets totally built. Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 Heard good things about Williams, AZ, check it out.
+1,
we spent a couple nights in Williams this past July, enjoyed the Route 66 theme & landscape/terrain in general.
Big enough for a decent grocery & small enough to feel like country.

Payson is very nice and not as hot as the Valley.......So is Prescott but more pricey. Peeples Valley and Yarnell have the best year round climate, but are small.

I love AZ But am stuck in Wisconsin due to family concerns now.

HM

Back