Sitka took care of me...

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
Have a Sitka Kelvin vest that has been a favorite. Have used/worn the crap out of it. Zipper pooped the bed. Has a three year warranty, but it's four years old.

Called them, they said send it in. They sent me a label to ship it back on their dime. Called me after they got it, yup, zipper is trashed, so we're sending you a new vest.

Never asked me when I bought it, or where, nothing but friendly folks in Montana speaking perfect English paying for shipping both ways and replacing one of my most used pieces of hunting clothing, fast, no questions asked, no muss, no fuss.

I like that!

- DAA

Yeah, that's nice when it happens. I have a few pieces of Sitka Gear, it's good stuff.

Glad to hear they took care of you. Its been my experience that companies dealing with hunting and shooting sports tend to stand behind their products better than most.

So, same thing, again.

Down coat, the one I wear all the time. Had it six or seven years. Very well worn. Zipper went bad.

Called Sitka, they said it didn't matter when I bought it, said if they made it they'd take care of it. Emailed me a tag to have it shipped to them on their dime, sent me back a brand new coat.

Can't complain about that!

- DAA

Some yrs ago I had a Carhart that the zipper was kinda lousy on the bottom. I askd about replacing and they said to send it in. I asked for a double ended replacement and they obliged.

Not a Sitka but nice service. This was preChina. I dont know about now.

Wear a pair of Wal-Mart pants for a year and if the zipper blows out contact the manufacturer for a repair or replacement and see how you come out on that.

I've dealt with plenty of high end, expensive gear mfg's that weren't nearly as pleasant and satisfying to deal with as Sitka. I like and use mostly high end gear.

I would not have bothered to post about it, if it was typical, in my experience.

Real people in Montana, that answer the phone, don't put me on hold, don't pass me off to someone else, that don't care what I did to the gear, when I bought it or where I bought it. They just say we made it, we'll take care of it, no muss, no fuss, no cost to me. Use the crap out of it for six or seven years and a zipper goes bad, new coat.

I like it.

- DAA

I wear a lot of First Lite gear. So does my son. He has a pair of pants that he wore a lot, really hunted them hard, the zipper broke after three years of hard use. First Lite replaced them with a new pair of pants. Not a repair, a complete replacement. Good service rates high in my book.

And, Sitka let me down this time... The new coat they sent me four years ago, hasn't been used that much, but the zipper (again) went bad (again). This time, they sent me on kind of a roundy round with email and directing me to a website and more email, but I did finally get a shipping label to send it to a third party. After a month, they determined it would be $340 to replace my zipper! On a coat worn maybe thirty times. It's like new, except, the zipper doesn't work.

I told them just to send it back to me and I'll glue some velcro on it or something and buy a new something else for next season.

Not like it was before...

- DAA

And, Sitka let me down this time... The new coat they sent me four years ago, hasn't been used that much, but the zipper (again) went bad (again). This time, they sent me on kind of a roundy round with email and directing me to a website and more email, but I did finally get a shipping label to send it to a third party. After a month, they determined it would be $340 to replace my zipper! On a coat worn maybe thirty times. It's like new, except, the zipper doesn't work.

I told them just to send it back to me and I'll glue some velcro on it or something and buy a new something else for next season.

- DAA
That sucks. I was going to send a jetstream jacket in. My pack rubbed a hole on the back from weight and friction. I was thinking they
Would chalk it up to wear and tear.

- DAA
Dang that sucks! Did they have you ship it to Rain Shadow in Seattle? They had me send a pack there once. The shoulder strap pulled out. Sitka ended up sending me a new pack.

Dang that sucks! Did they have you ship it to Rain Shadow in Seattle? They had me send a pack there once. The shoulder strap pulled out. Sitka ended up sending me a new pack.

A place called Rainy Pass I think. I was expecting to pay for a repair, but $340 for a zipper is out of my league.

- DAA

Back