Merica!

Infidel 762

Staff member
Couple weeks ago I went out before an approaching storm. Killed a coyote on the first stand and made my way to the next. Started calling and got hit with a large rain drop as thunder began booming all around me. Next thing I know the wind picks up and large raindrops adsorbed on my sweaty shirt. I picked up and started heading back to the truck and it was like someone flipped a switch, I had to lean into the wind just to walk and I started getting peppered with marble sized hail. I fell back into a washout under a small group of trees to block the stinging ice. Within a few minutes water was flowing over my boots and a coon ran right next to me as I lay in the mud. As I laid there looking up thinking; “this is the life” there was an intense flash as a bolt of lightning arced just above me, closest I have ever been to a bolt. It was a deafening sound and it sparkled with sparks as it dissipated, for a minute I could still see the outline of the bolt when I blinked.

Within a few minutes the hail stopped as the rain and lightning continued crackling around me. I stood up and started heading back to the truck as I realized my phone had been submerged while in my pocket. I fried my phone but it was still a hunt I will never forget, the places we end up while chasing coyote.

A few days later we had another storm approaching, I set out to call in the changing air pressure. I killed 2 coyotes and drug them close to a road based with red shale. I checked the radar and did not want to lose my new phone, so I started heading back to the truck early. Got caught out in the light rain which was just enough to turn the shale roads slicker than greased owl chit. I made it to my truck, and then managed to get it stuck, grateful to have a dry phone to call the land owner to come pull me out. Feeling like I had been snake bit with a run of bad luck.

Went out again and it seemed my run of bad luck had run its course, knock on wood;

I don’t know why, maybe it was the approaching 4th of July holiday but I went and dug thru an old footlocker I had while in the army. I found this old picture that I don’t even remember being taken, I like it and I think it means more to me now than when it was taken.

Patriots; protecting the lives of cowards, snowflakes, free loaders and whiners for over 200 years...

Being grateful to be a citizen of the greatest country on earth, I thought what better way to celebrate the 4th than by doing what I love to do.

And then I put down 5 on the 4th;

Yesterday, I went out after work with enough daylight for a couple stands. Walking in, I caught a glimpse of this coyote just as he crested the berm along this pond. I hastily set up in a small group of tamaracks, sun to my back with the crosswind carrying my scent out over the water. First series of rabbit and he was coming in on a string in less than a minute;

Merica!

HOMAnimated-S.gif

Great story & pics, as usual, Jeremy. Glad you were able to get out on the fourth! Especially liked:

Originally Posted By: Infadel 762Patriots; protecting the lives of cowards, snowflakes, free loaders and whiners for over 200 years...

Thanks for your service, Jeremy, but I'm not too sure about you guys that jumped out of perfectly good aircraft.
unsure.gif

Regards,
hm

MERICA I LOVE IT, & the Men & Women who have & still defend our FREEDOMS. THANK YOU ONE & ALL. GOD BLESS MERICA.
Way to go Jeremy.

Last edited:
Thanks is not enough for all that our patriots have given us. We truly must show that we deserve the sacrifice by being good people who stand ready to help each other in the tradition of patriots.

Great post as usual.

Back