Shooting PiGs In PaJaMaS - Daughter got her first hog!

Predator257Roy

I’ll clear this up right away, the pigs were not wearing pajamas.
Sitting at the table finishing up dinner with family and starting some Lost in Space on Netflix, my phone rings and I see it is my neighbor (calls often) and I ignore him as I’m busy and he often calls. As soon as my phone goes silent the wife’s phone rings and I already know it’s him again and instinct tells me he is calling to tell me the pigs are out my backdoor in his pasture. I headed out the door and went to my corner overlooking his small pond where they had been earlier in the week, but saw no hogs. Coming back to the house though I can see through the trees that the hogs are out the center of my place by his bigger pond. Ran inside and asked my daughter if she wanted a hog and without hesitation, she says “yes”. We get a rifle and get set up at the edge of my wood line, overlooking the hogs on the neighbors property while battling huge banana spiders and their webs. It was about 8:30 and the last minutes of dusky daylight were going away quickly. About 30 hogs were hanging out at the pond and happily rooting and tearing up the pasture. I told my Elizabeth to take her time, breath and stay calm and to gently squeeze the trigger when ready. A couple minutes went by, pigs moving calmly around without any suspicion of the armed predators that lurked 200 yards away. She did a great job and with a squeeze of the trigger, a 178gr Hornady A-Max flew out of a Thunderbeast 30P-1 and made a loud thwack on this big boar which dropped in his tracks, DRT. Super proud daddy here. Neighbor took the hog and we both went home to take showers, again. Who needs camo when pink pajamas will do just fine.....I’ll stick to my boxers though.

29328225278_e5e9b1f45d_z.jpg

29328233938_d57fc905d3_z.jpg

43199728141_7f2fbf6da0_z.jpg

43199734361_a155b8b77e_z.jpg

29328257498_5440c114fb_z.jpg

HOMAnimated-S.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, that's great. Your daughter did a fine job. Congrats to her, and to you for raising her right. Good looking rifle and pajamas, but ugly hog. I think all hogs are ugly.

As to hunting in boxers, well this past May while hog hunting in Georgia, it was so hot in a metal tower blind one evening that I stripped down to my briefs. All I had on was those bottoms and a smile. I texted my son who was over a mile away in another tower blind, about to burn up from the heat like I was, telling him about it. He had a good laugh in the beginning but texted back shortly that he too had stripped down to his underware bottoms. I guess he figured if it was good enough for Dad then it would be for him too. The landowner later said we were the only hog hunters he knew of who hunted hogs in their Underware. I was a Navy Corpsman stationed on a Marine Corps base. I definitely believe in improvising, adapting and overcoming.

thumbup.gif
WOW!!!!! Her Smiles tells ALL--Congratulations to Her and you on a Job well Done--Now that's making Memories that you Both will Remember for a lifetime

svb

She was so excited! Talking a mile a minute, shaking and such. I guess this was her first kill - period. She doesn’t want to kill deer and I’m okay with that. Hoping we can slay the hogs (and fish) together for years to come. Looking at the pictures bring a smile to my face.

Back