What do you look for in a light?

Just wandering what features you guys find most important in a night hunting light. I'm interested in selling some hunting lights as a business to help out with college. I want to make sure that I make a good product. What do you think makes one?

Well normally I want it to say “Coyote Light” but that doesn’t help you.

Intensity Control, focus and rechargeable batteries are a must- and I prefer that it can be mounted to my scope.

Originally Posted By: Vect0rstarJust wandering what features you guys find most important in a night hunting light. I'm interested in selling some hunting lights as a business to help out with college. I want to make sure that I make a good product. What do you think makes one?

As simple search on here and you'd find all the information that's been discussed over and over.

What's available today on the market is easily found also.

What do you plan to bring to market that would be different?

I want a single mode zoom-able light with a high quality LED, if I'm using an IR emitter I want a rheostat that works.

I already have those, just curios what you plan to offer?

I want to make the lights more affordable with out compromising features and quality. The prototypes I have now are fully modular. They can change anything from lense size to body size. Use 1 or 2 rechargable batteries. Full rheostat that works. Focusable led. Waterproof. And the leds can be changed very easily. Also a website that's easy to use unlike some of the to get light companies. The only thing i am unsure about is the size of the market and advertising.

COYOTE LIGHT : USA MADE & QUALITY
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
The coyote light is the brightest in that size package, able to mount it to a scope comfortably, and superior battery life.

But, I don’t work for anyone.... so if you want me to test your light send me one and I’ll certainly put it to use. Red, please.

I might just have to do that. I'm getting a new batch in soon hopefully. I sold one the cheaper models to guy on here. waiting to see what he thinks about it. That one doesn't have the adjustable brightness, but does have a focusable beam.

I can't say exactly because it's pretty hard to make an objective test. I can say that to my eye they shine as far or farther than most models I know of Night Eyes, Wicked, etc. . I haven't tried it up against the coyote light because I haven't even seen one in person. I don't have very many open spaces around me to test the throw, but I get eye shine past 400 yds easily. I don't really have any fields farther than that unfortunately. I'm willing the beam is useful much farther. I want to get a coyote light just to compare, but they are just too expensive. From what I've heard they are pretty darn good.

Originally Posted By: Vect0rstar I can't say exactly because it's pretty hard to make an objective test. I can say that to my eye they shine as far or farther than most models I know of Night Eyes, Wicked, etc. . I haven't tried it up against the coyote light because I haven't even seen one in person. I don't have very many open spaces around me to test the throw, but I get eye shine past 400 yds easily. I don't really have any fields farther than that unfortunately. I'm willing the beam is useful much farther. I want to get a coyote light just to compare, but they are just too expensive. From what I've heard they are pretty darn good.

It's really not that hard. You don't need open fields. It could be done in a closet. I used to measure at 1 meter, now I prefer 3 meters.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...726#Post2293726

Throw isn't some random opinion derived shining lights in a field, that would be like turning stove burners on at different levels and touching them with your hand to see which is hotter. It's much easier and accurate with a thermometer.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...961#Post3124961

How do you expect to market and sell lights if you don't know what you're talking about?

Last edited:
Thats a great analogy! And thanks for the links. I'll have to get a LUX meter to objectively test them. How does this one look? I don't claim to be an expert. I am far from it. I do think I have a good product that people will find very effective. Thanks for giving me a good marketing idea. I can do a test LUX test of various light.

Originally Posted By: Vect0rstar I do think I have a good product that people will find very effective.

What have you based that on?

I see you sold one to a guy on here, have you received any feedback?

How much are you selling these lights for?

Last edited:
Based on experience with other lights. Yes, I have received feedback. He hasn't gotten to use it out in the field yet, but really liked it. Depending on the model it will be somewhere between $85-$220. I'm not certain on everything yet.

Like I said. I'm no expert. What device do you recommend for measuring the LUX. I'm interested to see

Originally Posted By: Vect0rstarBased on experience with other lights. Yes, I have received feedback. He hasn't gotten to use it out in the field yet, but really liked it. Depending on the model it will be somewhere between $85-$220. I'm not certain on everything yet.

Like I said. I'm no expert. What device do you recommend for measuring the LUX. I'm interested to see

Plenty of lights at that price point why should I buy yours?

I've shared the testing methods in my previous posts check the links read the posts. You want me to do all you're work, what you gonna do in college?

Originally Posted By: Vect0rstar I'm interested in selling some hunting lights as a business to help out with college.

Last edited:
I've read through the links you provided. Thanks for providing those. I'm sorry if it appears that I'm asking you to do a bunch of work for me. I am not. I'm just want to know if you think this will work well for a test. It looks similar to the one you used.

Back