A little Father’s Day fun.

Predator257Roy

Went out of Yankeetown on Father’s Day with no wind, calf seas and stifling heat.

28239545997_2cdecc03fd_b.jpg

We went further out than we have previously, couldn’t see land, only the steam towers of the power plant. Not sure why, but we all ended up sick, on the calmest water we had been on. Water was like glass with slight rolling. Maybe the heat, the rhythm of the rolls or being out of sight of land, but it wasn’t good. We moved in towards land about 12 miles out where our normal go to spot was. We all started feeling better and got in some fishing. It seems that the calmest days are hardest to fish. We saw tons of baitfish on the surface and other fish jumping a rolling, but the bite was difficult. I’m still on the learning curve. We caught a Trout, Jack Crevelle, catfish, Bonnethead Shark, and Cobia. These were Elizabeth and my first Cobia, hers was 29”, mine was 32”. 33” was minimal limit.

42042725845_1fc6519127_z.jpg

41297237730_ec6fe7c371_b.jpg

Elizabeth drove us back to the boat ramp. It was Hot.

41297252490_74a69a0b19_b.jpg

Congrats on the Cobia, even if they were under proves that you are getting the hang of it. Dramamine (sp?) tablets help for those who are prone to sea sickness, half for the kid.
PS
If you ever come across any Manta rays offshore drop a bait, they almost always have Cobia in tow.

Last edited:
Back