Vortex Strike Eagle

pyscodog

From what I've read, this is a new entry for Vortex. A couple of places I was reading about them, its a 5-7 week wait for delivery. I was at Bass Pro Shop and they happened to have one in stock. It was a 3.5-15 or in that area, doun't remember for sure. What I do remember is when you got the eye piece adjusted to see the crosshair clearly, the object your looking at was fuzzy. When the object was clear then the crosshairs were messed up. Not a good selling point for me. The sales guy thought he could adjust it and after about 10 minutes he agreed that something wasn't quite right. Any of you had any experience with them yet?

I used to love vortex, now I don’t. Too poor of quality now and everyone seems to have the same warranty as them so they lost their only selling point. Not even made in USA anymore, Taiwan.

The eye piece is only used for making the cross hair clear then use the side focus for making the target clear. I believe the strike eagle has one. I have numerous Vortex scopes and have been happy with all of them. I have not had any issues.

Originally Posted By: reb8600The eye piece is only used for making the cross hair clear then use the side focus for making the target clear. I believe the strike eagle has one. I have numerous Vortex scopes and have been happy with all of them. I have not had any issues.

That was the problem we were having. When the crosshairs were clear, we couldn't get the target object to clear up. It always stayed fuzzy and out of focus. We were inside a building too. I hate looking at scopes with no window to look out of.

Originally Posted By: Tracker0721I used to love vortex, now I don’t. Too poor of quality now and everyone seems to have the same warranty as them so they lost their only selling point. Not even made in USA anymore, Taiwan.

Short of the newest Razor line, they never made anything. They were simply importers. I too used to like them, but too many broken scopes changed my mind. There are better products for the money that hold the same warranty.

In my opinion, they are a decent purpose built optic. If you are shooting stationary USPSA targets, they work awesome within 100 or so yards. But once you transition to smaller targets at longer distances they definitely leave a lot on the table.......I have ran mine in about a half a dozen three gun matches with good results but will be upgrading soon. So if anyone wants a Strike Eagle with the mount, PM me for a decent deal.

Back