Medical Marijuana: yay or nay......

Since the 1960's I've heard every bull-crap line from the potheads and stoners as to why their particular drug of choice should be legal. They always choose to ignore the facts that show how harmful the drug is to the individual user and to society as a whole. I've lost three good friends that were lost to your beloved Mary Jane. One fell into deep depression and hanged himself. His parents kept asking WHY? at his funeral. I did not have the answer. A second died in a head-on collision linked to pot use. A third is 69 years old going on 16 and still living in the 1960's,in his own mind.
I have no objection to the legitimate use of medical marijuana. Unfortunately, states with legalized medical marijuana are not ensuring that it's use is limited to medical use.

Sorry to bring this one back up, but i was looking for a previous post and saw that the last comment on here IMO needed some clarifications.

It's not the medications fault someone lies, it's the person that lies.

Medical Doctors don't Prescibe anything.. There is more to medicine than MD. in the Med field there are a slew of others but I think what you are getting at is someone that is a Doctor. (as an example there is also DO's which is more training than an MD)

When you want to write a RX, you have have a DEA card. They are the only ones that can write a RX for things that require it. The DEA agency has criteria that has to be met and there are different levels of card permissions. There are Audits and fines, penalties and jail for abuse.

MD's and other with DEA cards can write or sign the Medical card for someone wanting to use THC or CBD. The issue is that they spend decades to get to that point in training and if someone is a MD and writes Opiod RXs and then signs those cards, it will cause and audit and could result in the loss of a card. No one is really sure if that does happen, but they don't want to risk it. You can't get a card for MJ medically, without a Dr review, and signature for meeting the requirements for state criteria. Most of the people that sign the forms are natural paths that meet the requirements and have a dea card for specific levels.

If you open a dispensary for MJ there are state rules and regulations for that, as there are for a Walgreens. or others.

If you wanted to open a store that did just Morphine, great, but you would also have to do the same thing and meet the requirements, get a permit, meet building requirements and do the same things as required for the level 1 drugs as walgreen pharmacy.

You don't have to support it, but finding out the facts before making a decision is a good thing.

opiod abuse is rampant and deaths are shocking from the abuse. Are you also saying that pain killers should be banned too?
I don't have to take Opiods bc i use MJ. Which leaves me clearer headed, and able to work vs. before i felt hazzy and out of it, while still addressing my pain and other things.

Yes there is abuse, but that is the case of many other meds as well. But if you drink or smoke for non-medical purposes are you really being fair, or just making excuses for your choices and condemning others?

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZSorry to bring this one back up, but i was looking for a previous post and saw that the last comment on here IMO needed some clarifications.

It's not the medications fault someone lies, it's the person that lies.

Medical Doctors don't Prescibe anything.. There is more to medicine than MD. in the Med field there are a slew of others but I think what you are getting at is someone that is a Doctor. (as an example there is also DO's which is more training than an MD)

When you want to write a RX, you have have a DEA card. They are the only ones that can write a RX for things that require it. The DEA agency has criteria that has to be met and there are different levels of card permissions. There are Audits and fines, penalties and jail for abuse.

MD's and other with DEA cards can write or sign the Medical card for someone wanting to use THC or CBD. The issue is that they spend decades to get to that point in training and if someone is a MD and writes Opiod RXs and then signs those cards, it will cause and audit and could result in the loss of a card. No one is really sure if that does happen, but they don't want to risk it. You can't get a card for MJ medically, without a Dr review, and signature for meeting the requirements for state criteria. Most of the people that sign the forms are natural paths that meet the requirements and have a dea card for specific levels.

If you open a dispensary for MJ there are state rules and regulations for that, as there are for a Walgreens. or others.

If you wanted to open a store that did just Morphine, great, but you would also have to do the same thing and meet the requirements, get a permit, meet building requirements and do the same things as required for the level 1 drugs as walgreen pharmacy.

You don't have to support it, but finding out the facts before making a decision is a good thing.

opiod abuse is rampant and deaths are shocking from the abuse. Are you also saying that pain killers should be banned too?
I don't have to take Opiods bc i use MJ. Which leaves me clearer headed, and able to work vs. before i felt hazzy and out of it, while still addressing my pain and other things.

Yes there is abuse, but that is the case of many other meds as well. But if you drink or smoke for non-medical purposes are you really being fair, or just making excuses for your choices and condemning others?
Nicely said. So true! And good for you!!

I have only had a migraine one time in my life. From that experience I would say if the condition lasted a year I would be ready to try anything.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI have only had a migraine one time in my life. From that experience I would say if the condition lasted a year I would be ready to try anything.

heck yeah. i might even sign up on a predator hunting board and ask about it with my very first post. might even post a link.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: tnshootistI have only had a migraine one time in my life. From that experience I would say if the condition lasted a year I would be ready to try anything.

heck yeah. i might even sign up on a predator hunting board and ask about it with my very first post. might even post a link.
rolleyes.gif

Too funny...

Every pothead I have ever been unfortunate enough to be around claimed they were using for "medical" reasons. Even heard one tell the boss that he was going to get a medical marijuana card and when he did the boss would have to tolerate him smoking on the job (this in a state that has never issued such cards). They just liked smoking pot and if they had to take it in some other form would have refused it. They couldn't have cared less about the problems it caused other people.

Smoked pot for a lot of years. Can't say anything really negative about it since it got me off alcohol. Company started drug testing so I gave it up.Was "Pot Free" for 20 years. After retiring, I tried it again and realized I just didn't need it anymore. Nothing against it, just didn't want it. BUT!!!!!If it helps a vet or an ederly person, I vote yes. If the medical issues can be relieved by a little weed or oil, then by all means, go for it full speed ahead!!!

And if you have never tried it and are against it, its because you believe something that someone has told you not from experience.

Thanks for the answer. I'll respectfully add that in my long experience I've seen plenty of "stupid" weed smokers. Alcohol hasn't cornered the market for stupid, any mind altering substances can stimulate the unreasonable and irresponsible side of an individual. I say that not in defense of alcohol, just clarifying my experiences with pot smokers.

Well, I've seen alot of stupid people and most didn't need weed or alcohol. But,when I drank, which was many years ago, I thought I was bad azz and bullet proof. After several drinks, It didn't take much to get me into a not so nice guy mood.It also didn't help my driving skills either. Wrecked a car or two while under the influence of alcohol. When I started smoking weed, which was during my college years, seems the violent attitude went away as well as waking up with the dreaded hang over. I will say that my grocery bill did increase though. (Munchies) The company I worked for started drug testing, and I had to make a choice, weed or a job. I needed a job to pay house payments and support my family so I quit smoking MJ. I just turned 69 and that was almost 25 years ago. I been retired for about 3 years, maybe a little longer, tried it once or twice since and just decided I don't really need it or alcohol. But if it helps someone get through their bad times, I have no problem with that.

The Miami Beach high school is on my morning exercise route. I routinely see bags of weed on side walk, dozens of kids "skipping" and smoking bongs within blocks of the school. Every day. You're not going to learn $hit in that state. Legalized just makes it more accessible/excepted. I see the negatives daily. Kids don't give a F. And it is a gateway drug, no doubt.
That said if they can keep it for medical purpose how can you say no?
Does work for pain no doubt.
I just see how it has become more "normalized" and it being abused.

Last edited:
The folks banging the drum for legalizing marijuana for medical use lose all their enthusiasm when you point out that the true medical stuff doesn't get you high. There are different types of oils and edibles, ect. that won't give you a buzz. There are exceptions to that in certain cases. However, the folks banging the drum only want the stuff that gets you high and get all sorts of pissed off when you exclude the THC smoking dope.

You might look at FLEX-HE it is a pill and does me very good. I have tried the oil by 2 different makers but it does NOT work as good the pills by FLEX-HE I was crush in a deep vane coal mine and need it to stop my pain in my neck and back It evens stop my feet from hurting I now order the 5 bottle and get 2 free ones They have a money back guarantee 90 day to try it. I was eating pain pills and now I only take one every now and then.

Originally Posted By: BEN25.06You might look at FLEX-HE it is a pill and does me very good. I have tried the oil by 2 different makers but it does NOT work as good the pills by FLEX-HE I was crush in a deep vane coal mine and need it to stop my pain in my neck and back It evens stop my feet from hurting I now order the 5 bottle and get 2 free ones They have a money back guarantee 90 day to try it. I was eating pain pills and now I only take one every now and then.

Got a link?

Back