Holster choices for a Glock 43

pyscodog

I bought a Fobus just to have something to carry the pistol in, but even with the tension screw as loose as it would go without completely falling out, it was so tight it took two hands to pull it from the grip of the holster. Needless to say, that wouldn't work. I'd really like an IWB type holster and something comfortable and not terrible expensive. Suggestions please.

I carry my 43 in a crossbreed minituck I like a lot but as of the last few days my daughter has taken it over for her 43 I've ordered another one for her lol

Originally Posted By: pyscodogAre they comfortable? Some gouge the crap out of my side and hip.. Not a lot of extra meat on these bones.

There's the answer... maybe it's comfortable for you, and maybe not. IWB holsters are pretty subjective and while some are pretty universally known as comfortable, they won't always feel the same to everyone. Good news is, if it doesn't wear comfortably for you it's a popular gun model and you can probably sell it easily.

There's a shop in Tulsa that stocks them. I'll give them a look tomorrow. Any other options if the mini tuck doesn't work out?

Last edited:

I bought a holster made by "1791" it is an inside your pants type but it works.
The holster is made of soft leather, It has a good clip for your belt.
I carry my pistol at 2:00.
I ware under armor tee shirts, So my holster rub against my tee shirt not me.

I bought a holster made by "1791" it is an inside your pants type but it works.
The holster is made of soft leather, It has a good clip for your belt.
I carry my pistol at 2:00.
I ware under armor tee shirts, So my holster rub against my tee shirt not me.

Hardly ever wear a belt. T shirts in and out almost always. Thats why it rubs on me. I got some time tomorrow to go looking.

Buy a good gun belt... you're gonna need it. The Beltman for leather, Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch for synthetic.

The neoprene is very comfortable. And they offer a 30 day test drive. But to make any IWB comfortable, you must figure where and how you wanna wear it. Position, ride height and cant all make a difference.

I'm a fan of alien gear as well. I wear an UA suppression heat gear muscle shirt under my t shirt and I stay comfortable even on hot days, and the muscle shirt keeps anything from rubbing directly on my skin.

I looked at the store today and all they carried was the Starter Kits. Really didn't want all the extras that came with the kit. Also looked at the Crossbreed. Really didn't think I'd be getting much for the $60+ price tag. Its still kydex.

Vedder Rapidtuck is an option. I have conditioned the leather and work it to soften the corners where the are likely to jab. I really like the fit. As suggested, the fit is adjustable and takes a little bit.

Originally Posted By: BowhuntMine usually rides in a Sticky brand. Inexpensive, minimalistic, and does exactly what they claim.

I saw those today too. Wasn't sure about them so I passed them by.

I had the sticky and certain types of fabric will not hold,my lcp slid down my pants leg to the carpet before I left home.The pants were dress pants.

I have a ton of holsters but settled on PJ holsters. IWB with the 30 degree cant. I've tried all the brands already listed and for me this is the best hands down. Have them for my 42,43,26 and 19. My Sig P365 rides in one. Holsters are a very personnel what works for me might not for you. For pocket carry the Alabama pocket holster is my favorite but the wait time is unbelievable.
MB

Back