Cold enough to kill hogs

weekender

I have heard that expression many times and never knew what the exact temp was. Yesterday it was in the high 90s both temp and humidity. The heat index was 106F. All you had to do is breathe to break a sweat.
It was time to fill our hog feeders again so my wife and I headed for our lease, sweat rags in hand. After sifting and dumping 1200 lbs of corn into 4 feeders, we changed our wet clothes and got ready for an evening hunt.

Our feeders were set to go off at 6PM with an 8:30PM sunset. Not 30 seconds after my feeder went off I heard them coming. The wind was not good and I doubted I would get a shot. In the video you can see the windage checker string I keep tied to my stabilizer point straight at the feeder.

uJZzq8A.jpg

While I was taking care of getting mine skinned, the txt came in that my wife had also connected on a boar. I don't know how many 70 yr old women are out there bowhunting but she can still get it done. A perfect shot and the boar was down in less than 100 yds.

Sk8O0YJ.jpg

HOMAnimated-S.gif

now days temperature has little to do with it. Many years ago the ability to hang and cool m eat was very limited that is how the whole cold thing got started. Now day it's quick and easy to get them on ice. Even slightly tainted meat is safe to eat providing it is thoroughly cooked. My cleaning method may help.

Back