Photo Bucket pics are back

Isn't that incredible! Recon they miss us?
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Yea....you can access your old accounts too if you didn't chit can em.

I read a statement/feckless apology from the owner who fired the new CEO. He said they went from 100 employees to ten in the last year.
They've lowered the fee from $399 to $3 (or something like that) but I still ain't giving em a dime. Screw em.

There are quite a few other image hosting sites that seem to work.

I found IMGUR after Photobucket tried to ransom my life, and it is very simple and easy to use. And the zero cost is totally affordable.

Flickr for me; Photobucket has joined my "Never Again" list along with Sirius, Sprint and Spectrum, all of which priced themselves out of the market, but PB gets a gold star for the manner in which they did so.

ETA: Funny how all of the above have spent an enormous amount of energy and postage trying to regain the business they lost, isn't it?

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I think I'll just stick with SmugMug, even though it's about $50/year. Thataway I don't have to wait for the next time PB wants to up the ante.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI think I'll just stick with SmugMug, even though it's about $50/year. Thataway I don't have to wait for the next time PB wants to up the ante.

Yep, I'm very happy with SmugMug. You can actually scroll thru your pics without the sluggishness of photobucket...

It was an interesting business decision. Usually a site will offer more for a price, not remove all functions for ransom. I was especially pleased with how theY disabled the ability to download your albums forcing you to download each image separately.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyIt was an interesting business decision. Usually a site will offer more for a price, not remove all functions for ransom. I was especially pleased with how theY disabled the ability to download your albums forcing you to download each image separately.

When they started the shenanigans last year I was able to go in and grab all of my albums on the three accounts I had. It took me an afternoon to do it but I put them all over to IMGUR. I had north of 2200 images on the set up at the time.

I suspect the amount of traffic they lost was almost unbelievable. Lots of good stuff went to waste because of it.

Greg

Originally Posted By: NdIndyIt was an interesting business decision. Usually a site will offer more for a price, not remove all functions for ransom. I was especially pleased with how theY disabled the ability to download your albums forcing you to download each image separately.

And on top of that, half the individual photos were garbled beyond use when you finally dodged commercials long enough to get one or two!
mad.gif

Regards,
hm

Yeah I don't miss PB one tiny bit. It was always very slow for me. I switched to IMGUR and am glad I did, IMGUR is way easier and faster for me to use.

Back