CZ set trigger

pyscodog

I watched a few youtube videos today on CZ rifles and in the comment section one guy said using the set triggers were a bad thing. He claimed his groups were cut in half when he quit using it. Another said it was a POS because it didn't set itself when you worked the bolt. Kinda make you scratch your head and go hmmmmmm!

For me, when shooting for groups, the thing I don't like about the set trigger on my CZ 527's was it made me move the gun a little to much and I kept having to readjust the gun when I pushed the trigger forward to set it.

I've swapped out the trigger pull spring for a lighter one and have all my CZ 527's adjusted down to right around 10oz and they have zero creep/pretravel. The CZ 527 triggers are very user friendly and are easy to adjust.

I have my set trigger under a pound and it breaks clean. Not sure where the un-set trigger is breaking but its pretty good.

My cz varmint in 223,set trigger is 8 ounce and has a great feel to it.Unset is 2.5lb and isnt bad either.I really like mine.I will say it took a little getting used to because when set it is setting farther forward then when unset but after a few rounds its a non issue for me....Really its kinda spoiled me wish I could get all my triggerz to work like that SAFELY lol...

There's no shortage of idiots on YouTube.

CZ's trigger is one of the best in the industry IMO.
The set function is a nice addition that no other manufacturer that I can think of even offers.

Having said all that...I never use mine.
He11....I'm not even sure it works on that 223 Carbine I bought last year.

This guys sounds like a doofus to me. I wish all my guns had triggers like my CZ 527's do. Love the set feature. On all mine I keep it at around 1 lb even though I can go lower. When I am sitting at a folding bench out in a field somewhere shooting as skittish animals I dont need anything lower than a pound.

Call me a CZ trigger fan. For sure I am.

Rustydust you got that right. (DOOFUS)
I have read your word may time about the CZ's
I bought me a CZ 527 and it is one great rifle.
The trigger is fine. My 300acc will even take a can.
I really like mime because it makes no noise.
I don't want to scare the stock.

If I had to say anything negative about the CZ set trigger is in the set position I kinda feel like I have to reach for it. Not a bad thing just wish I could get more use to it.

I have had my 204 Ruger 527 Varmint for about 3 years now. I love everything about it. Especially the set trigger. I have to say that not too many people who know what they are talking about would would bash the trigger on this rifle. I use the set function all the time and it works great for me. Mine shot .5 MOA straight out of the box with Hornady 40gr Vmax ammo. Love that rifle! like others have said, there are all kinds of people on Youtube.

Robert

Last edited:
I love my cz 527 in 223 but the set trigger has been an interesting feature. I personally feel for groups it’s not the best only because when it’s pulled I lose trigger control. It’s pulling 13oz and than it breaks at the speed of light. The normal trigger is 2.5lbs and has a crisp break and NO extra travel. I use both depending on the shot but personally I like the un-set trigger for the control. Coyotes don’t notice the difference but still.

I was looking for a .22-250 and a pawn shop had a CZ550 Varmint Kevlar for sale for $600. I didn't know what I was buying at the time (10 years ago), but now I have a CZ527 in .17 rem, .223, and.222. I also have a 452 and 455 .22lr.

They are great rifles. The set triggers are great especially for long range prairie dogs. My favorite feature of the triggers are that you get to set the creep, pull, and over travel. I've got all of mine right where I want them.

1lb on set and 2lbs or so with a tiny bit of creep and almost no overtravel.

Originally Posted By: RePeteThere's no shortage of idiots on YouTube.

CZ's trigger is one of the best in the industry IMO.
The set function is a nice addition that no other manufacturer that I can think of even offers.

Having said all that...I never use mine.
He11....I'm not even sure it works on that 223 Carbine I bought last year.

It has been a long time since having a CZ and don't recall the feeling of the set trigger but do remember the Sako one and Sauer set trigger, which was really nice.
A few others offer them that I have not owned including Steyr and Tikka in the past.

Back