A mini-mauser 223rem in the world of rifles.

willy1947

Do any of you own a Inter Arms Mini-Mauser?
Well, I took a chance and bought one from GunBroker.
I wanted the old Inter Arms import. Made in Yugoslavia.
First I bought an B&C stock for it, nice.
Second was a scope mount. Well, the rear one was to low.
So, after cutting a piece of pop can for a shim.
I got the mounts to be within a few .001 of level.
I used Burris Zee steel rings and a nice Burris scope.
I did not shoot the target at 500yds but only at 50yds.
For ammo I used 55gr Lake City AR rounds. No fancy reloads.
The bottom targets was adjusting and getting a fell for the trigger.
The top two were cold bore shots 15 minutes apart.
There are a lot of older rifles out there that will surprise you.
With all the new names and all the hype. Match my target.
See, the rifleman makes up 95% of the score.
My story is shooting many bricks of 22LR's. I had to mow a lot of grass.
The scope is a Burris 4.5X14 Fullfield II with adjustable AO.
Dig out those old rifles tell us some stories.

HgrvtBH.jpg

rxRjR88.jpg

XkgesG2.jpg

Well done, Willy. I think you did real good. Sure looks good too. Simple yet well done.

Someone I used to work with had one of those in .222 and it was a real shooter with the 50 grain factory ammo. He even took deer with it. Brass availability being what it is today I would want the .223 like yours.

And aint that Burris a honey? Clear a gin optics and one of the best all around scopes out there.The adjustments are a bit stiff but at least they stay put after you get it how you want it.

I'd say you did well. Obviously you did. Good job.

Not a mini mauser but I do own an interarms mark-x in 30-06, it hated winchester ammo but will throw remington core-lokts into about a 1 inch group if I do my part.If yours is like mine it has a screw close to the trigger that you can use to adjust trigger pull, but BE CAREFUL!!! It also effects your safety and one day while hunting I flipped the safety off so I could open the bolt and my gun went off! Had to tighten that bolt a bit because it had worked itself too loose.

I had my eye on one of those in 222 Rem but someone stole it from the shop while I was dickering on it, not bought it out from under me, literally stole the thing.

I ended up with a Sako L-461 in 222 Rem. and a Mini Howa.

I'd buy one if I found one at the right price.

I too had a MarkX in 270 mine had a Mannlicher stock and still shot itty-bitty groups

Last edited:
I have one in 223. Having a real hard time finding a stock for it. Cute little buggers aren't they?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reno92I have one in 223. Having a real hard time finding a stock for it. Cute little buggers aren't they?

I got mine at Bell & Carlson. I looked they do not offer them now. You might call them and ask. I like mine. Remington sold one's like our rifles a few years ago. It was a 4** ??? something I an thinking 487 or 478 same action and barrel. some body help me.

Originally Posted By: willy1947Originally Posted By: reno92I have one in 223. Having a real hard time finding a stock for it. Cute little buggers aren't they?

I got mine at Bell & Carlson. I looked they do not offer them now. You might call them and ask. I like mine. Remington sold one's like our rifles a few years ago. It was a 4** ??? something I an thinking 487 or 478 same action and barrel. some body help me.

They were sold by Remington Zastava Arms M85 223 Rem 20" mini mauser interarms I will keep looking

I have checked with Boyds couple months ago. They aren't currently making them. I also tried Bell and Carlson. No dice, they both offered them in the past. I even tried Rutland plywood which made the stocks when Remington imported them, turns out they are out of buisness. Sarco offers original stocks, but I want to put a little heavier tube on it, than what the original would fit. Thanks for checking though.

A little coarse sand paper wrapped around the right sized deep socket will open your barrel channel in short order.

Back