CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel

Kevinfarmer3456

Anyone owned one of these yet? Any problems feeding from the magazine? I'm looking into picking one of these up and I think it will be a neat little walking predator/varmint rifle. Mainly coyote, ground hog and crow

I've got one love it.it's not fur friendly and it shoots 7/8 in groups at 100 all day long. I've had the howa and the cz I will put it this way I still have the cz not the howa. The howa just felt cheap and the magazine was not that great I'm not into plastic

Originally Posted By: moonerI've got one love it.it's not fur friendly and it shoots 7/8 in groups at 100 all day long. I've had the howa and the cz I will put it this way I still have the cz not the howa. The howa just felt cheap and the magazine was not that great I'm not into plastic thanks so much for the information. I have previously owned CZ and I have always been impressed with their quality plus I'm into wood and metal rather than the plastic also.

I like the set trigger very well and even if it's not in the set position it's still very good and if you don't like it .it is adjustable so try it

I bought a CZ 527 in 300 Blackout and I am happy with it.
It has a threaded muzzle for my can.
They have one in 7,62X39 with a threaded muzzle.
Mine is so quiet I can hear the firing pin fall.
I have to say the Grendel is very nice.
GunBroker has a few for sale.
CZ makes a fine rifle and the set trigger is great.
I put a wooden stock on mine. It turned out nice.

I have one, no issues whatsoever with magazine and cartridge feeding.

It’s a very nice, handy little rifle, particularly for what you describe. I haven’t had opportunity yet to use it on deer though I plan to.

Originally Posted By: gldprimrI have one, no issues whatsoever with magazine and cartridge feeding.

It’s a very nice, handy little rifle, particularly for what you describe. I haven’t had opportunity yet to use it on deer though I plan to.

What ammo do you like in the 6.5 grendel version?

While I understand their reason for using a 24" barrel on the Grendel I like the standard 22" better for a walking varminter.
I wouldn't let that stop me from buying one though.....it's a great combo IMO.

I'd really like to see them chamber their Carbine in Grendel but I won't hold my breath.

Ive been waiting for a cz527 6.5 Grendel to show up around here locally,been wanting one bad!I do have an ar grendel though and really like it just been shooting the factory hornady ammo through it maybe 40 rounds so far.Shoots under an inch at a 100yds easy.I do reload but just havnt picked up any dies yet...Nothing wrong with the ar but I do like them cz's.One of the most accurate rifles I own is a cz527 varmint in 223 with the slower 1x12 twist.Shoots bughole 5shot groups at 200yard with bout any 40gr bullet flavor.

I’m a new member here but I picked up a Cz 527 6.5 Grendel American on consignment at a local gun shop. So far I really like it. I added a Dip 25 MOA rail and currently mounted an old Tasco 2.5-10 scope. I haven’t had time to shoot it past 50 yards but hopefully I get to shoot some longer distance soon. Even with the 24” barrel I like the way this rifle shoulders. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted a Howa Mini Action, Cz 527 or Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel.

When this Cz 527 showed up on consignment for a good price I couldn’t resist. I really like the 6.5 Grendel cartridge and have several AR-15’s chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

Untitled

Thanks RePete, the Cz does have nice wood and the previous owner said he only fired about 20 rounds in it. I got the box and papers so basically it was like a new rifle with a pretty decent trigger.

Hmmm looks like there might be a 527 Varmint version out now. Great, just when I told myself no more spending this month ... Search for product number 03036.

Originally Posted By: VASCAR2I’m a new member here but I picked up a Cz 527 6.5 Grendel American on consignment at a local gun shop. So far I really like it. I added a Dip 25 MOA rail and currently mounted an old Tasco 2.5-10 scope. I haven’t had time to shoot it past 50 yards but hopefully I get to shoot some longer distance soon. Even with the 24” barrel I like the way this rifle shoulders. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted a Howa Mini Action, Cz 527 or Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel.

When this Cz 527 showed up on consignment for a good price I couldn’t resist. I really like the 6.5 Grendel cartridge and have several AR-15’s chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

Untitled

Some people have all the luck lol.Great looking rifle and you should be pleased with it I've had awful good luck with my cz's.

Originally Posted By: VASCAR2I’m a new member here but I picked up a Cz 527 6.5 Grendel American on consignment at a local gun shop. So far I really like it. I added a Dip 25 MOA rail and currently mounted an old Tasco 2.5-10 scope. I haven’t had time to shoot it past 50 yards but hopefully I get to shoot some longer distance soon. Even with the 24” barrel I like the way this rifle shoulders. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted a Howa Mini Action, Cz 527 or Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel.

Untitled

Have you got to shoot it out past 50 yet? How'd it do?

Untitled

Welcome!! Nice rifle you got there. I want to ask what is a "Dip 25 MOA rail". Thanks

Back