Soybean Coyote

DoubleUp

We took this one last night, a mature male. Hunting buddy made a nice DRT shot. Came to Field Mouse Distress at the 2 minute mark. He was shooting an AR with a 50 gr. V-max at about 3,100 fps. Mosquitoes were terrible and my therma cell wouldn't stay lit, so it was a fast stand as my blood supply was running a quart low.
smile.gif

Hopefully we will get a few more weeks before the beans get too high. Corn is already too high, but we have some sod fields that we save for the summer and a few timber roads that don't get overgrown. I watched it all on thermal, but didn't try to shoot. Unfortunately my recording didn't get anything except sound. I was hoping to show the shot in thermal and digital. It would have been a good comparison video.

Thanks guys. We're a good bit behind our last year's count, but we had a run of SNAFU's early on with some major mechanical mistakes or we'd be ahead now. Hopefully those issues are worked out for next year. We restart our count on July 1. I'll post up a compilation of those kill shots that we managed to get recorded after our end date of June 30.

Back