Legal Pot Doesn't hurt Business

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsAside from the kickbacks, I would bet the additional tax $$$$$ have a lot to do with legalizing pot.

Absolutely. The proponents of Amendment 64 in Colorado sold it to voters as a bill of goods that the tax revenue was going to fund schools. Now we have people campaigning (for office) on finding out where all the marijuana tax revenue is going.

The money spent to address legal marijuana will always outspend any generated taxes. This is a tactic used to sell it to the voting public. Unless you package marijuana like cigarettes or alcohol (tax stamp) there is no way to tell the difference between "legal" marijuana and illegal marijuana.

Whats funny is MOST people against legalized cannabis will go home tonight and drink a beer or a glass of wine to "unwind" from a long day. Hypocritically thinking nothing of it while wringing their hands about cannabis.

Others will go home and hypocritically pop a couple of Vicodin, Oxycotin, Percisets or some other narcotic pain pill because their old and sore while thinking nothing of it while gnashing their teethe about cannabis.

The reality is this is a snowball that will not stop. Personally I say legalize everything and let the addicts kill themselves.

Id rather hangout with a stoner then a drunk or pill addict.

Eventually an alcoholic is going to want to fight someone, A pill addict will eventually steal from you. A marijuana smoker... not so much.

Hypocrisy is just another form of ignorance. Nobody really knows what you do but you. Are you being ignorantly hypocritical? I think a few on this thread are... I don't really know anyone here but... statistics are on my side.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
Does it make sense to justify one by pointing at the other?

No...

Well, the facts are there, 3 places of business, 2 not open and the 3rd can't handle a simple breakfast order. I had breakfast in Paris, TX this AM and the first place I went was open, and the order was done correctly and served hot. It is what it is.

Originally Posted By: Seebass
Whats funny is MOST people against legalized cannabis will go home tonight and drink a beer or a glass of wine to "unwind" from a long day. Hypocritically thinking nothing of it while wringing their hands about cannabis.

Others will go home and hypocritically pop a couple of Vicodin, Oxycotin, Percisets or some other narcotic pain pill because their old and sore while thinking nothing of it while gnashing their teethe about cannabis.

The reality is this is a snowball that will not stop. Personally I say legalize everything and let the addicts kill themselves.

Eventually an alcoholic is going to want to fight someone, A pill addict will eventually steal from you. A marijuana smoker... not so much.

Hypocrisy is just another form of ignorance. Nobody really knows what you do but you. Are you being ignorantly hypocritical? I think a few on this thread are... I don't really know anyone here but... statistics are on my side.

Know how many drunks I've fought over the years? A lot. Know how many misc drug users I've fought and dealt with for other crimes?a lot. Know how many pot smokers I've dealt with for the same? Just as many.

If I look at it objectively and work the ratios, it doesn't matter.

An alcohol drinker drinks alcohol. A pot smoker also drinks. A misc drug user drinks and smoke pot. The only category of drug user that sticks specifically to that drug, is the drinker. You always have the people that say pot is a gateway drug and you will always have people say it's not true,but I've never dealt with someone for heavy drugs that didn't also smoke weed. And to be fair Ive never had a pot smoker that didn't start out drinking. Not every drinker will progress to weed, not ever weed person will progress to hard drugs but pretty much nobody lived their life sober and went straight to meth.

As such you can't say that a pothead only does x action vs a drunk that only does y, because the pothead will do x AND y. It just depends on what day you come across them.

And putting cards on the table. I've drunk beer and been happy, I've drunk beer and been depressed. I've drunk hard liquor and been happy and I've drunk hard and been downright angry (but I didn't have to pee nearly as much). Fortunately ive always ben in the right frame of mind to know what path i was on and decide to stop entirely for the night begore i made it too far.

And I now drink too much wine according to my scale. I've never been anything more than mellow on wine. I've never smoked weed but have had contact highs more than once, nature of the job at the time, and now in my 40s I can't say I'm not curious. If I ever end up somewhere it's truly legal, 99% sure I'll give it a go. I'll also walk through the red light district and do some "window shopping"
laugh.gif
I'm middle aged, don't think I'll be stunting any development at this point in life.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: Seebass

Know how many drunks I've fought over the years? A lot. Know how many misc drug users I've fought and dealt with for other crimes?a lot. Know how many pot smokers I've dealt with for the same? Just as many.

If I look at it objectively and work the ratios, it doesn't matter.

An alcohol drinker drinks alcohol. A pot smoker also drinks. A misc drug user drinks and smoke pot. The only category of drug user that sticks specifically to that drug, is the drinker. You always have the people that say pot is a gateway drug and you will always have people say it's not true,but I've never dealt with someone for heavy drugs that didn't also smoke weed. And to be fair Ive never had a pot smoker that didn't start out drinking. Not every drinker will progress to weed, not ever weed person will progress to hard drugs but pretty much nobody lived their life sober and went straight to meth.

As such you can't say that a pothead only does x action vs a drunk that only does y, because the pothead will do x AND y. It just depends on what day you come across them.

I agree with most of what has been said.... However, if we are going to put marijuana under a medicinal label (farce) or a lower category controlled substance, then it should be treated as such.

Here is my prediction; it will eventually be legal in one form or another in all 50 states. The grassroots marijuana growers who are making it all happen will eventually be pushed out by Big Pharma. The corporations will seize the opportunity to regulate hobbyist right out of the game.

I don't think that will happen. The best thing to happen to the illegal drug trade was legalizing.

Illegal mj, $50 from any dealer (making up numbers). Legal mj came in at $100. It's impossible to tell legal from illegal, dealer prices jumped to $95. As long as illegal stays slightly cheaper they make more money.

It has been amusing to see all the "make it legal and tax us" people lose their minds about the cost increase.

"The corporations will seize the opportunity to regulate hobbyists right out of the game." Is that what they are?
lol.gif

Back