Coyote hunting in Maine...

well finally on the 32nd setup since my last one I got this 30lb male (WORKING ON THE PIC) came in to a bait site. went in before light and had him pop out at 60yds like a puppy I've been seeing him on my trail for a long time, I shot his 2 buddies a while ago I'm pretty certain. very happy with this one, ya gotta hang in there https://ibb.co/cb0Xvy

Last edited:
got another this morning, sitting in same place as the last one, was sitting only 4 minutes when here she comes trotting right at me. it was a struggle to get the shooting sticks moved then shot her at less than 30 yds. it was very cool. she saC:\Users\Don Lynch\Pictures\2018-07-12\DSCN0833.JPGw me at the last second, but too late

Last edited:
IMGBB / pic posting
1. Click on picture you want to post.
2. Click on Embed codes
3. Scroll down to FULL IMAGE LINKED - BBcode-click on the img . It will then say copy. Come back here and paste it when posting.

Last edited:
sorry guys this is practice, this coyote got to 37yds when I moved the shooting sticks, the wind was in my favor, she stopped and looked at me, a couple more seconds and it would have been a running shot. it was a very exciting few seconds. thanks guys for putting up with my practicing, and thanks again to Pa Mick you are the man!!
don

Last edited:
got this pic a while back but thought it was cool enough to post. I shot this coyote a few weeks after this pic was taken. trail cameras are great

Last edited:
got this guy this AM it was very cool he came in to 12' from decoy and was 67 yds from me. he spun around and stood broad side. he dropped right there 38lbs 9ozs. I did a couple of howls then pup distress

Last edited:
Keep after them Don, and I thought I was persistent. The summer is tough for me, seems the foliage and bugs just make it that much more difficult.

this is coyote #7for me this year a small female came in after a lot of howling back and forth. she came trotting across the blueberry ground, I stopped her 2 times but she gave me only a chest on shot, but finaly just at the woods edge I got the broad side shot and dropped her there

Last edited:
Back