25 YEARS OF HUNTING THE GULF

FISHSTICKER

A FEW PICS FROM MY 25 YEARS OF ROAMING THE RIGS OFF THE COAST OF LOUISIANA

2237.jpg

131# AJ Taken in deep ship shoal out of Burns point with the best spearfishing crew you could ask for with Captain Jason G. on the HEAVY METAL.

When I saw the new section I felt compelled to post.....deep down we all like to brag! Spearfishing was all I did from 1994 till a few years ago. We have probably shot around 50 Louisiana top 10 fish off the Heavy Metal since Jason built it 2001. Now my son and I are doing a lot of night hunting. I'm not willing to take him under the rigs offshore yet. Too easy for things to go very wrong.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll post more as I did them up.

Eddie.

Originally Posted By: FISHSTICKER
2248.jpg

This is perfect angle, perfect shot placement on a 100# AJ. Takes all the fight out of them.

Looks like it would take the fight out of most critters...
smile.gif

Nice fish! A fifty pound Amber Jack on a rod will darn near pull your arms off. Can only imagine what a ride a hundred pounder would take you on if you didn't brain it.
Thanks for sharing.

AJ's will beat the tar out of you & your dive buddies. We don't get them that big further east, you have to go farther offshore than the boats tend to run for that.

we do get some hod cuda, though I've always been a bit leery of eating the biggest ones.

fixit2009015Small by Stu Farish, on Flickr

Great pics, thanks for sharing!! Never dove the oil rigs but I hear great things about them!! You guys have problems with bulls there?? Pretty much as soon as the gun goes off in Pensacola, you gotta deal with bulls.

Back