Browning xbolt 223........

KYODE

Recently purchased a browning xbolt composite stalker in 223. Havnt shot it yet. Anyone have one? how you like it? Its a good feeling gun. Thats all i know on it so far.

Quality rifles are not as cheap as they used to be.
tongue.gif

You will probably hear pro's and con's on the Browning rifles.I talked to a friend that works at one of the local shops in Tulsa and he says all his rifles are Browning. Thats all he shoots and has several different calibers also. I've been looking at an A-Bolt that is in a pawn shop here in town. Its supposed to be NIB, un-fired. I just haven't jumped on it yet due to what a few others have told me about Browning rifle accuracy. Everyone has a different opinion of accuracy though. I like little bitty groups, others can live with larger groups. Had a friend that if his rifle would keep them in a paper plate at 100yds, he was happy.

Havnt heard any pros or cons yet lol.

Had an abolt medalion in 270 yrs ago. It was a good hunting rifle. If i hunt, its with handguns, so i dont miss it.
The xbolt 223 is just a play rifle. I want groups as small as possible of course. I want groups of 1/2” or less. I was hoping some people had a few to report on.

What have you heard on browning rifle accuracy?

The guy at the gun shop said his all shot really good. I have another friend that says he's never seen one that shoots worth a sh--. He's an accuracy snob too. I like rifles that shoot small groups myself. If I can't get sub inch groups at 100yds, they usually go down the road. Everyone has their own definition of accurate though.

Browning is good to go, as long as you don't need customer service. I sold all of my brownings last year just for that reason. Haven't needed Tikka CS yet [beeep].

Browning has been one of a couple makes that rust. Just heard another guy in the field telling of serious rust in the guts of his Browning. Another guy there said his Browning shotgun is rusty.
We live in a dry area so this is a surprise as none of my other brand rifles have this problem.

Another thing to be careful of is if you bought one with,the dura touch stock make sure you dont get even one drop of gun solvent on the stock.

I believe one of the Mods here won the Egg Shoot with a Browning 223 bolt a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it was walnut and blue, very nice looking and accurate.

u might wanna google search the dura touch stock...my brother in law has a browning gold and its sticky, its been at browning for over 6months and they refuse to replace the stock and forened or return the shotgun.

I had a 22/250 with the Dura Touch and the stock became so sticky I called browning and they replaced it with no problems. The rifle had been in the safe for a while and just went bad.Browning people were very helpful.

Well.....i hope my stock fares ok. I didnt research enough on that evidently. Kind of a spur of the moment rifle choice.
Again......it sure feels great right now!

Havnt shot it yet. Have a mcarbo spring coming to help the trigger a little more.

I just wanted another rifle to shoot sometimes. The safe is full of handguns.
w00t.gif

I may add another rifle of some sort. Old, new, varmint, creed....heavy barrel.....idk.
thumbup.gif

Installed the new trigger spring from mcarbo. I need to test pull with my buddies gauge yet, but around 2lbs maybe??? Easy fix.

Back