Well, I got it home ATN X-Sight 4K Pro

willy1947

So far, so good. New firmware out in a week or two.
Got to get some range time in tomorrow.
Manual is very good. It is no point and shoot.
I got a ammo can of 300 Blackout's to shoot

tpKhsbX.jpg

Anxious to hear the pros and cons.

Which model 4K do you have?

UPDATE: I now see that you have the 5-20x scope. Was difficult to see on my iphone.

ran the 5-20 the other night loved the clarity could watch deer heads moving through the brush 300yrds out with no problem as well as muskrats swimming about 120.

realized the gun I wanted to put the 3-14 on had 1in rings on it and not the 30s I thought was on. well guess need to wait a few days to put that on and play with now.

Last edited:

GA, were the deer at night or daytime? Curious if you could see clearly at night. If so, what illuminator did you use?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Anxious to hear the pros and cons.

Which model 4K do you have?

UPDATE: I now see that you have the 5-20x scope. Was difficult to see on my iphone.

So far there is a lot to learn, Everything works just fine. Good ATN group on Facebook.
Nothing bad to report.

I got to fix the time stamp yet still learning about the scope.
New firmware out soon this week then I will have to resent everything

My X-Sight 2 won't keep time and date for some reason. Every time I turn it off it loses it. Any idea how to correct that?

This is my first time on day 5 of this scope.
When I tried to set time the first time It would not hold.
After that?? I set the date and then back out with the center button until I was clear of the menu.
It will back out and save each one. Hope that helps.
Do the same with time.
Does your scope have a SD card?? if so after you make changes, make a copy to your computer.

I get an update soon.

Willy, yes, my X-Sight 2 takes a micro SD card, and that is another issue. The new class 10 card I purchased specifically for the scope will not work, nor will another card I already had. I formatted the card through the scope and also online and it still will not work. I had a third card that works for some reason.

Question about eye relief: the eye piece and scope ring distance between turrent and ocular appears to be short. I notice that ATN includes an offset ring to position the scope more rearward. So, my overall thoughts / questions are about the eye relief and if you are having any issues with that?

Some have reported that the scope will sometimes freeze up and the only way to get it working again is to let the onboard battery run down to shut it off. Are you having issues with that? My X-Sight 2 will occasionally freeze up, not often but has two or three times. I simply unplug the external battery to power down the scope, then plug it up again and restart. With the 4k that may be a problem unless ATN fixes the freezing. I admit to not liking the internal battery feature and much prefer to have external ones that I can charge and carry with me in the field.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Willy, yes, my X-Sight 2 takes a micro SD card, and that is another issue. The new class 10 card I purchased specifically for the scope will not work, nor will another card I already had. I formatted the card through the scope and also online and it still will not work. I had a third card that works for some reason.

Question about eye relief: the eye piece and scope ring distance between turrent and ocular appears to be short. I notice that ATN includes an offset ring to position the scope more rearward. So, my overall thoughts / questions are about the eye relief and if you are having any issues with that?

Some have reported that the scope will sometimes freeze up and the only way to get it working again is to let the onboard battery run down to shut it off. Are you having issues with that? My X-Sight 2 will occasionally freeze up, not often but has two or three times. I simply unplug the external battery to power down the scope, then plug it up again and restart. With the 4k that may be a problem unless ATN fixes the freezing. I admit to not liking the internal battery feature and much prefer to have external ones that I can charge and carry with me in the field.

On the 4K if it freezes you can force shut down by holding the power button down for about 20 seconds and it will shut it down.

To post a video, first upload it to Youtube and then copy and paste a link here. I am on my iphone at the moment but later can guide you in how to attach a video screen imbedded in your post. Some have used Flickr to upload a video to but I haven't had success with that. I use Youtube.

Back