Coyote rifle suggestions for my wife

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Wa_Coyote_Hunter
Get a 223 and if you dont think its enough power. Get some hornady 223 superformance rounds. There is your 22-250 speed without the recoil.

scratching my head on this one.
lol.gif
lol.gif

It's the internet.
laugh.gif
Everyone get a participation trophy.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhere can you buy a CZ for $400?? My last one was $700+ after tax.

Originally Posted By: Ghilliedup2As mentioned before the T/C venture is a super nice rifle and every one I've seen has been as accurate or better than my savages without the hunchback look lol. They can usually be found under $400 easily and sometimes under $300. I have one in 204 and I'm impressed.

that guy has a *special place* he buys his rifles. he has prices i cant find anywhere. and he dont share that *special place*.

hey, got a question. was looking at that gb link and found this. https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/772191382
most every bolt i have even seen has a number on it matching it to the rifle it is to be used in. always thought that was because that particular bolt was head spaced to that particular rifle. yes? no?

i do not need the bolt, but if somebody did, would it need head spaced to the rifle it was going to be used in?

btw, just looked at the bolts from 3 venture rifles i have and none of them have any markings on them.

its a new one on me.

Well, from what I know and I'm sure some on here thinks its very limited, but....rule of thumb is at least have it checked for head space. Usually a bolt needs head spaced to the action/barrel. It may be real close but close doesn't always count. My 7/08 had .007 to much head space but now its at .0 with just a slight crush fit closing the bolt.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWhere can you buy a CZ for $400?? My last one was $700+ after tax.

Originally Posted By: Ghilliedup2As mentioned before the T/C venture is a super nice rifle and every one I've seen has been as accurate or better than my savages without the hunchback look lol. They can usually be found under $400 easily and sometimes under $300. I have one in 204 and I'm impressed.

that guy has a *special place* he buys his rifles. he has prices i cant find anywhere. and he dont share that *special place*.

My eyes saw T/C but my brain saw CZ. My bad. But if there was a place selling CZ's for $400, I'm interested!!

Last edited:
Just to finish this thread out: I bought my wife a new Tikka T3x Compact Lite in 223. Got one delivered to me for exactly $500. Added a Leupold VX1 2-7 x 33 on closeout for $120. Plan to sight it in tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Thanks for all the help gang. We borrowed a few rifles to test and she liked the 223 best (low kick).

Originally Posted By: CalgaryJust to finish this thread out: I bought my wife a new Tikka T3x Compact Lite in 223. Got one delivered to me for exactly $500. Added a Leupold VX1 2-7 x 33 on closeout for $120. Plan to sight it in tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Thanks for all the help gang. We borrowed a few rifles to test and she liked the 223 best (low kick).

Excellent choice! I am sure you guys will not regret it. Good luck.....

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Wa_Coyote_Hunter
Get a 223 and if you dont think its enough power. Get some hornady 223 superformance rounds. There is your 22-250 speed without the recoil.

scratching my head on this one.
lol.gif
lol.gif

That makes 2 of us. Lol

Back