What do you carry / CCW

Originally Posted By: willy1947

I want to thanks everyone. Everybody has many great choices of firearms.
I like the two, who carry the Keltec P32 in 32ACP.
I did not like putting a price tag on how good a pistol is.
That Kimber Solo, I own is a little brick. I sent it back to Kimber twice.
It will only fire 2 or 3 times without jamming. Anyone want $700 piece of junk.
I am going to get me 39C soon. Nice pistol for summertime.
When, I walk the woods I shoot a SR22, nice little 22LR by Ruger.
Thanks.

Get some Wilson Combat mags for that Kimber and I bet it runs better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCWilson makes magazines for the Solo?

Not sure if they do or not but it's worth checking. My buddy bought a Kimber Raptor. After spending a day at the range with him, I told him he better learn to throw it real hard if he was going to use it for self defense. He was very frustrated with it especially considering the price tag. Did a little research and found out that the mags that Kimber ships with that model, are pretty much junk. When he showed up at the gun shop for the Wilson combat mags, the guy behind the counter knew exactly why he wanted them. Took it out the other day, with the WC mags and the thing ran like a sewing machine. Couldn't get through a factory mag without some kind of malfuntion. Worst part about it is that Kimber customer service told him it was probably because he didn't give it a proper cleaning out of the box.

The Solo isn't a 1911 and Wilson Combat doesn't offer magazines for it. I'll agree that The Wilson 47D is a very good 1911 magazine. Not sure what the quality of current Kimber 1911 magazines are like but the older Kimbers I had experience with all had crappy factory magazines.

I just looked at a M&P 2.0 compact yesterday. Man it fit my hand nice and pointed great. Just overall a nice feel to it. I think I may have to pick one up in 9mm.

Mine is a Diamond Back 9mm, about the size of a KelTec .32...Here in FL the laws can be subject to local enforcement as to being concealed...Printing is okay, but if your shirt/jacket happens to catch a wind gust and it is momentarily visible, you can be cited/arrested as an open carry...
For a 'mini-Glock' clone, it's reliable and very accurate with the 95gr JHPs...

I know that some advocate high capacity and big bore, but in a crowded urban environment I've never felt the need..I've carried concealed since 1963 as a city LEO and private citizen and never had to pull a weapon, off duty, for my protection..

Recently I have been carrying a Springfield Armory Range Officer compact in 9MM, also have the 45ACP in the same gun that I also carry from time to time.

Back