Anyone using a Outlaw?

tony who?

lol.gif
tongue_smilie.gif

When comparing price points, There may be a reason for that...

I took a friend calling a few weeks ago that has an Outlaw. Although we used my Shockwave most of the day, I let him call with the Outlaw on 2 stands.

On the Outlaws first stand a coyote came in to TT Den Raid. (more area than caller IMO) That's actually a good long sound file. Expensive though... I don't have it on my Shockwave. (with the added tweeters that sound file has got to be outta this world!) The second stand was a blank.

Immediately I recognized I DID NOT like how the Outlaw sounded at high volume. It just didn't have the clarity I was expecting. Because of this I didn't feel like I got a good idea of it's max volume capability. I also wasn't a fan of the caller design itself. It seems a bit bulkier, "plasticy" and heavier than it needs to be. Maybe for some protection? I don't know...

My friend swears by it, it's just not for me...

My main hunting partner has a CS24C that we've hunted over numerous times. The CS24C is a better package all around IMO. It's more compact, lighter weight and the clarity at high volume is definitely better. I couldn't really tell which speaker was bigger because the cowling of the Outlaw is big.

Carlos

Back