Mayday Mange and May's Pack A Day... Days...

Infidel 762

Staff member
3 stands... 2 singles... 1 double... smoked a pack this morning before the 90 degree Oklahoma heat... mange is everywhere...

Hit this one a couple days ago... one stand before work... more mange...

Last Sunday or there about, hit another four pack with yet more mange...

Another 4 pack, one with a bobbed tailed...

You guessed it... more mange...

In my AO this is a bad year for mange...

Here I thought maybe you were practicing to become a dog groomer one the side.
tt2.gif
that is a lot of fur well I mean skin showing on those coyotes.

Thanks for sharing your hunt, Jeremy. Those water holes often pay off this time of year. That building looks like an old chicken houses that were in vogue when I was a kid.

Too bad about the mange; its been bad down here, as well.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996 That building looks like an old chicken houses that were in vogue when I was a kid.

Regards,
hm

A lot of good times spent around that old barn. There used to be old metal buckets hung on the walls that chickens laid eggs in. There was a smaller building used as a coop, after dark, possums, coons, skunks and rat and bull snakes regularly infiltrated that structure after dark. Snakes ate the eggs, vermin would get in there and kill a bunch of them for sport, sometimes they would eat only the chicken's head and leave the rest lay. Seeing that taught me to kill every vermin I ever had a chance too. I have grown out of that mentality when it comes to snakes, possums and a lot of other vermin.

As far as mange, this is the worst year I have seen in my 30 sum years of hunting them. 2 out of the 3 i shot yesterday had it. On one you could see a line in the fur where he had been scratching it off, above that line you could pinch clumps and his fur came off like it was cotton candy...

Beautiful pictures of some nasty looking coyotes. You are a coyote killing fool Jeremy! Seems like you would be running out of them as many as you have killed. Keep it up
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: hm1996 That building looks like an old chicken houses that were in vogue when I was a kid.

Regards,
hm

A lot of good times spent around that old barn. There used to be old metal buckets hung on the walls that chickens laid eggs in. There was a smaller building used as a coop, after dark, possums, coons, skunks and rat and bull snakes regularly infiltrated that structure after dark. Snakes ate the eggs, vermin would get in there and kill a bunch of them for sport, sometimes they would eat only the chicken's head and leave the rest lay. Seeing that taught me to kill every vermin I ever had a chance too. I have grown out of that mentality when it comes to snakes, possums and a lot of other vermin.

As far as mange, this is the worst year I have seen in my 30 sum years of hunting them. 2 out of the 3 i shot yesterday had it. On one you could see a line in the fur where he had been scratching it off, above that line you could pinch clumps and his fur came off like it was cotton candy...

Sounds like you had a weasel operating there in addition to the other "predators".

Back