coon light

wicka

What are you finding is a better light for night hunting coons. I have the green and red lens for my set up and the coons seem to shy away from both equally, Maybe they are getting used to being shot at as there are usually 3-4 at a time and when the light comes on they split.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wickaWhat are you finding is a better light for night hunting coons. I have the green and red lens for my set up and the coons seem to shy away from both equally, Maybe they are getting used to being shot at as there are usually 3-4 at a time and when the light comes on they split.

I had one field this past season that was full of light shy coons. However, by the end of season, I went on a shooting rampage and dropped six in one night. There were probably 8 left, but I was out of ammo. I use a red scan light, then a red kill light to chase after them. The previous light shyness, in my opinion, was due to deer spotters at night, shining bright lights across the fields 3-4 times a night. After deer season, the coon calmed down.

Back