New savage 110 accustock

Tgunz64

Looking into a new rifle and would like the 6.5 creedmoor. Have any of you guys purchased the new model110 with accustock yet? If so what do you think about the spacers and combs for a more custom fit? Honestly I have not really been a fan of savage but I have only owned 2 of their rimfires. Model 93 in 17hmr which I sold and have a B Mag which had tons of problems and Savage sent back brand new rifles at that time instead of fixing them so technically I'm on my 2nd B Mag. No issues yet. But no experience yet with the more expensive models. What's your general take on the 110 action as well? Thanks!

No personal experience to report with the accustock, but I will say, don't try to compare the 10/110 action to the rimfire models. I would NEVER own a Savage rimfire, but the 10/110 I have built multiple fine rifles on...and their accuracy in the factory configuration was nothing to be ashamed of.

I agree with springer on this. CF and RF are two different guns, though they are not fancy most of their CF rifles are shooters.

My take is that Savages are NOT a fine grade rifle, everyone ive owned or handled had sloppiness, looseness, grittyness, misfitment, problems, etc...Do they shoot accurately for cheap? yep, are they a Tikka, CZ or Weatherby? Nope, prob why i dont own one anymore

Quote: Have any of you guys purchased the new model110 with accustock yet? If so what do you think about the spacers and combs for a more custom fit?

What's your general take on the 110 action as well? Thanks!

I've owned several Savage 10's, 110, 112 & 116 (from .223 to 375 h&h). Are the actions as slick as my Win. mod 70 target rifle (which I have fired some 35,000 rounds fired through + untold thousands of dry fire cycles)? No, but a lot smoother than many 98 Mauser or 03 Springfield custom rifles I've owned or shot over the years. Most of the Savage rifles were shooters out of the box with exception of one, which was particular as to what it liked, but in the end turns in

I will take a premium factory savage rifle any day over any other in the same price point. I am talking the premium steel bottom metal and mags. I take performance over everything else. They just plain shoot. Love the accustock. The system just plain works when you need a working mans rifle for killing. + I can mix and match and change calibers in minuets.
The cheap savage junk (axis)... no thanks I don't need a budget rifle. However the axis barrels are good if you put them on the better action and stock.

I just bought the 110 tactical about 2 months ago in 6.5. I love the rifle so far, the stock is extremely strong and sturdy. The spacers are easy to change and between the buttpad spacers and the cheek risers I think most anyone can get it to fit nicely. Accuracy is great. The action is smooth. The only thing that I don't like is how sloppy the AI mag fits. It locks in nice and tight but there is a lot of wiggle in it when it's set.
I would buy another without hesitation!!

Lots of good info. Hard to see one in person since they are new and most shops around me usually only carry lower end stuff (axis, Ruger American, etc). But I think I'll probably be getting one here eventually. Thanks everyone!

I can't count the numbers of savage rifles i have bought or built over the years. Dollar for dollar they will shoot as good or better than others in their price range if the shooter does his/her job.

Back