Didn't even get set up...

JCCinOhio

Got to my spot and it was still a little light out so hung back in the honeysuckle for a bit.. before I decided it was time to go set out the caller and move into the open I saw a quick flash about 300yds off.. figured it must be a yote so got on the gun. So was there for probably less than 15 mins, with no calling, and got this male. Didn't like my lip squeaks to get him to look, so gave a 'woof'... He didn't make it but another 10 yards or so once he went behind the hill. Using 125gr Nosler BT handloads in a 308.. NICE exit hole.. My first yote with my new rifle, 4th with the thermal..

Yote 4

I still need to get it through my head that I'm not deer hunting.. I keep placing my shots like it was a deer.. I think I need to go higher on the front shoulder to get more DRT shots. This shot took out the lungs and heart and it didn't go but 30yds, but DRT is more better
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioI still need to get it through my head that I'm not deer hunting.. I keep placing my shots like it was a deer.. I think I need to go higher on the front shoulder to get more DRT shots. This shot took out the lungs and heart and it didn't go but 30yds, but DRT is more better
wink.gif

Thats what my buddy told me and it has made all the difference in the world. I have a lot fewer runners now and am dropping them with the 223.

I'm trying for the neck, that really drops em!

James

Back