Here We Go Again

hm1996

Staff member

Quote:
Texas high school shooting leaves 8-10 dead, 1 suspect in custody, 1 detained

By Kathleen Joyce, Jennifer Earl | Fox News

Report: At least 8 dead in Texas school shooting

Suspected gunman is in custody following shooting at Sante Fe High School; reaction from Ed Davis, former Boston police commissioner.

At least eight to ten people, mostly students, have been killed and 12 others were injured in a Texas high school shooting Friday, police said. The suspected shooter was taken into police custody and a second suspect has been detained. The suspect in custody and the suspect detained for further questioning were both students.

Police officers responded to Santa Fe High School around 8 a.m. CDT after reports that a shooter opened fire inside. Officials were searching the school for any explosive devices as per protocol.

A police officer was also injured in the shooting, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez told reporters. The extent of the officer's injuries were not immediately known.

The chief nursing officer at the University of Texas Medical Branch told reporters the center received two adult patients and one person under 18 years old.

A student told ABC 13 one of the educators, a former Marine, pulled the fire alarm to alert the school of an active shooting situation.

Galveston County Sheriff's Maj. Douglas Hudson said units responded to reports of shots fired. Witnesses say a gunman opened fire inside an art class during first period. A student in the class told KTRK she witnessed at least one girl being shot.

"We thought it was a fire drill at first but really, the teacher said, 'Start running,'" the student told the news station.

Two seniors at the school told KHOU 11 their friend pulled the fire alarm after spotting the shooter and urged other students to run. They also said they saw an injured female student.

“Now I am worried about everyone else,” one student commented. “ I don’t even want to go to graduation now.”

Authorities have not yet confirmed these accounts.

President Trump tweeted Friday regarding the shooting stating, "School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!"

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz also tweeted regarding the shooting.

“Heidi and I are keeping all the students and faculty at Santa Fe High School in our prayers this morning, along with all first responders on the scene. Please be safe and heed warnings from local officials," he said.

Aerial footage from the scene showed students standing in a grassy field while officers inspected their backpacks. At least three life-flight helicopters landed at the school.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) said it was also on the scene. Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted early Friday that he arrived at the school to assist officers with the Galveston County Sheriff Office.

Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 residents, located 30 miles southeast of Houston.

The Associated Press contributed to report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/18/tex...ody-report.html

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: seasleyI blame the media for some of this crap happening

Definitely a contributory factor; encourages wannabe copycats, but "it sells newspapers" and raises ratings, not to mention it fits the agenda of, for the most part,liberal press.

Perhaps one thing that could be done to reduce these senseless occurrences would be to place a blackout on the hour to hour press releases by LEO and only report details after a (say) 24 hour delay. This would have a side benefit of dampening the media urge to "be the firstest with the mostest", facts be damned. Also, if the perp was NEVER referred to by name or have his/her picture paraded on the TV screen, other sicko's might not be encouraged to seek their day in the limelight.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: seasleyI blame the media for some of this crap happening

I blame crazy sumbitches for this crap happening...

This is just my oppinion, but when they start holding the individuals responsible for there actions instead of the gun companies as scape goats and quit lining lawyers pockets, and start the death penalty backbup, that might help

But, the way parents raise there kids these days, what do you really expect

It just [beeep] me off to no end, that our prison systems are over populated and keep growing and nothing being done

Last edited:
Swift and speedy trial.
The news report should say, There was a shooting today. The shooter is with us no more. Lets check the weather.

Instead of holding the individual who is responsible held to account for his or her actions, they want to "collectively" blame every gun owner, NRA member, and firearms manufacturer etc etc their political opponents. That is why every crook crony politician busts a-- to get on the television and start campaigning for gun control everytime some sadsack does something like this.

It is all much moore deep rooted in society today. Strong moral and strong families make strong people and strong countries. Which, is constantly undermined in our society today from hollyweird and the entertainment industry to the so called .gov education and academia as being too old fashioned and out of date with current times. What used to be considered as wrong is now promoted as right and what was right is now wrong.

Paul Harvey was right on the money with it years ago in his "if I were the devil" talk.

veci1v.jpg

Are you guys aware of the one in Illinois very recently in which the SRO exchanged shots with the shooter and wounded the shooter before he could shoot anyone? That happened within the last week if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't much coverage of it in the media. Guess it wasn't bloody enough for the media.

Quote:It is all much moore deep rooted in society today. Strong moral and strong families make strong people and strong countries. Which, is constantly undermined in our society today from hollyweird and the entertainment industry to the so called .gov education and academia as being too old fashioned and out of date with current times. What used to be considered as wrong is now promoted as right and what was right is now wrong.

Paul Harvey was right on the money with it years ago in his "if I were the devil" talk.

35112055543_0e34c7f7ea_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: GCAre you guys aware of the one in Illinois very recently in which the SRO exchanged shots with the shooter and wounded the shooter before he could shoot anyone? That happened within the last week if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't much coverage of it in the media. Guess it wasn't bloody enough for the media.

It just didn't agree with the liberal MSM agenda of gun control so they squashed it. They certainly are not going to publicize anything that would support the "good guy with a gun" theory, now would they?

Regards,
hm

We'll never hear anything positive about firearms in the MSM because it does not fit the establishment agenda of citizen disarmament. Everyday, day in and day out violent crimes and murders are prevented because of good guys with firearms who just happen to be at the right place at the right time. The MSM is nothing more than lies, disinformation, and propaganda of the crony political establishment that has been and will continue to work against the best interests of "our" country and the American public.

The establishment will not acknowledge this because they're too busy defending their illegal alien gang member friends like MS13 they have allowed to come into American backyards and neighborhoods because of their politically correct policies and subversive activities.. For those that don't know or understand what MS13 is, it is a transnational gang/terrorist organization from the Central American countries comparable to ISIS.

Excellent Read on MS-13

The bottom line is that they want Americans disarmed.

Back