Buying a new boat...

GC

Looking at a Ranger aluminum 18.5' with 115 horse Merc for my bass fishing forays. Getting excited about it...

Yeah Xpress is definitely in the running. There are so many good boats today, kinda makes it tough to choose from. My son in law has a Tracker that I really like. Seems Tracker has really upped their game over the years and is building a very nice boat now. Lot of choices!

Last winter a local dealer had the 2017 Ranger 188 w/115 marked down around 21K. Was a pretty good deal.

I started by looking at the H20 Bay, ended up with the H24 Bay. I'm glad I didn't go any smaller! I guess a bass boat may be a little differant deal. If it seems to small for you on the lot, it will be definitely be too small on the water.

I first looked at a 2072. You definitely have to look at Xpress. I feel like I got so much more boat! Definitely a dryer boat than what the Sea Ark would have been. I'm not knocking Sea Ark, just happy I looked around some more. Good luck and whatever you get, being out on the water is great.

Break Out Another Thousand

The 2 happiest days of owning a boat. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Definition of a boat: Large hole in the water you throw money into.

How does the H24 take the chop and rollers? I have an x21 bass boat. We fish Sam Rayburn and the jetties. My boat rides too low in the water for the rougher days at the jetties. She wants to fip a little water when ships go by.

Last edited:
I’m very happy with the H24. Rides great thru the water. Handles the waves fine when you won’t to be in it that rough. No sense of flipping with passing boats. Very glad I went with the 24’.

Back