oss supressors?

I've followed them since their beginning. The concept of lower backpressure through superior design is excellent. The original designs, in my opinion, were too complex. They had change of ownership, which I can't really comment on, but it happened. Then they redesigned their cans and they are now supposed to be lighter, quieter, and cheaper. They still have a low back pressure design. They were at 2018 SHOT and I really liked shooting them. No gas face at all. I wouldn't hesitate to own one and likely will within the year.

I ordered one from BoTac. I could resist the deal. It's at a dealer/friend house. I've asked him to take it out and tell me his opinion but he's been traveling. Hopefully soon I'll find out something but for $300, I'll use it as a 22 suppressor if it's crap.

Originally Posted By: HarperJTI ordered one from BoTac. I could resist the deal. It's at a dealer/friend house. I've asked him to take it out and tell me his opinion but he's been traveling. Hopefully soon I'll find out something but for $300, I'll use it as a 22 suppressor if it's crap. wow. The bottom fell out of those. Must have got tired of them sitting on the shelf.

I played with my can yesterday (the jailer is a friend of mine and we went shooting with some friends). Needless to say that I'll be ordering a 308 can for my LMT. Some said the sound was maybe a hair loader that the YHM and AAC we compared it to. They we're standing off beside us shooting, but I as a shooter couldn't tell any difference. All appeared to be hearing safe.

But the main difference was the lack of blow back. All three cans were shot on M-16s at the same time and the difference was incredible. The OSS looked as if I was shooting without a can and the other two looked like a choo choo train smoking. I wish I would have tried to listen to the change of the rate of fire, o'well maybe next time.

The only drawback might be if you plan on switching guns ever 5 mins. The OSS is a "little" more complex that just screwing on. This is due to how the can is put together which makes cleaning the can simpler, so is this a disadvantage or advantage?

Bought an OSS when they were $1800 (at least that's what I paid for one) I've had for 3 yrs? I have several other cans, 3 omegas and one saker. I like them all the oss is as good as any. There is a significant difference with much less back pressure. The oss is abit heavier but only sticks out about 3 inches further than the end of your current barrell. If you have any questions you're welcome to PM me. I'm going to check the price on the now. If they are cheap I'm going to order one up.

Back