Valkyrie Alternative

Originally Posted By: varminter .223My comment was in regards to the everything under 600 yard silliness. i see. That was a bad error on my part. I meant accuracy wise and should have stated that. Yes 600 is too far for a 223 on killing power.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Not trying to be harsh but you are full of it!

Buy the young lad a potato gun and let him have fun.
Let him steal potatoes from his mom.

If he has not kill anybody buy him a BB gun.

Then, when he is older and good 22LR with iron sights.
People put kids in scopes way to soon.
Scopes are for old guys like me that can't see anymore.

I was 14 when I shot my Dad's 220swift.

My Dad made me give up my potato guns when he bought me my first real gun.

Made my Mother happy, no more holes in her fried potatoes.

Originally Posted By: willy1947Originally Posted By: varminter .223Not trying to be harsh but you are full of it!

Buy the young lad a potato gun and let him have fun.
Let him steal potatoes from his mom.

My Dad made me give up my potato guns when he bought me my first real gun.

Made my Mother happy, no more holes in her fried potatoes.

willy, what is a potatoe gun?
they ones i made dont put holes in potatoes. wondering how yours worked?

Sorry Willy, but this kid has already progressed through your proper channel of guns. He is the best hunting partner I have and goes with me every single time. He has already killed 5 coyotes along with multiple hogs at night with a .300 Blackout and the Grendel in Georgia. Not an easy feat in Georgia.

The iron sights do not work real well at night so therefore he shoots with a thermal scope.

We have gained access to more land that has large agricultural fields. I want the flattest shooting caliber in an AR-15. We will still shoot the Grendel when hog hunting.

If you dont reload both of my WOA 22" varmint contour 12 twist barrels shoot factory Nosler 55 bt loads at or under 1" consistently at 3500. With that said Nosler's published max load of 33 cfe223 and 55 bts is same speed and poi. I use 450 primers and load them at 2.265 oal. My 8 twist bhw 22" only like 53 vmax with the same primer, powder and charge. I was thouroghly impressed with how the 55s leveled coyotes last season. Im gonna experiment with 70 bts at 3300 in the 6x6.8 next season but I have no reason to switch from the 22 Nosler. I have not shot at a coyote with the 53s yet but I did kill one with the 70s out of the 6x6.8. Je ran about 50 yards. Hit him right behind the shoulder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223If you dont reload both of my WOA 22" varmint contour 12 twist barrels shoot factory Nosler 55 bt loads at or under 1" consistently at 3500. With that said Nosler's published max load of 33 cfe223 and 55 bts is same speed and poi. I use 450 primers and load them at 2.265 oal. My 8 twist bhw 22" only like 53 vmax with the same primer, powder and charge. I was thouroghly impressed with how the 55s leveled coyotes last season. Im gonna experiment with 70 bts at 3300 in the 6x6.8 next season but I have no reason to switch from the 22 Nosler. I have not shot at a coyote with the 53s yet but I did kill one with the 70s out of the 6x6.8. Je ran about 50 yards. Hit him right behind the shoulder.

It sounds like you use your 22 nosler for coyote hunting? Do you prefer that over the 6x6.8? Do you prefer to shoot the 22 caliber over the 6mm?

I am going to try the 6mm out next season. Right now neither of my 6 x 6. 8s are shooting 55s or 58s well. I do have the 70's shooting fairly well in one gun so that will probably be what I shoot. The 22 cal 55's kill well enough that there really is no need to change but what fun is that. These WOA 22 Nosler have been the easiest barrels I have ever tried to develope a load for.

Last edited:
Back